Release Note for October 24, 2019
- The Alabama Medicaid EPSDT indicator was not populating in the 11th position of the SV1 segment in loop 2400. This is now resolved.
Release Note for October 3, 2019
FY 2020 ICD-10 Updates: To ensure users remain compliant and up to date on all the latest diagnosis codes, the mandatory ICD-10 updates (released by CMS every year) have been added into the core areas of the EMR (i.e., patient chart, SOAP notes, and intake). You can find a list of the added codes here, the deleted codes here, and the replacement codes here. These new codes were effective as of Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
Release Note for August 22, 2019
Cook Children's Health Plan (CCHP1): Subscriber claim filing indicator code (Loop 2000B, SBR09) must equal 11 for payer CCHP1. This has been updated and claims can be resubmitted.
Release Note for August 8, 2019
DMERC EDI File: Claims submitted to Medicare DMERC payers were being rejected for Loop 2310B. This loop has been removed for these payers and claims can be resubmitted.
Release Note for July 18, 2019
Blue Cross/Blue Shield Plan Type Update: Blue Cross Blue Shield is now listed in the WebPT EMR as an acceptable plan type. This addition will save a lot of time and effort for those that currently have to make various edits to a client's insurance card before submitting claims. For more information, click here.
Release Note for July 11, 2019
Ordering Physician on EDI File for Medicare DMERC Payers: The ordering physician's information has been added to the EDI file to prevent rejections from Medicare Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier (DMERC) payers.
Release Note for July 3, 2019
Client Balance Statement - Visual Update: Users will notice a major visual update to Client Balance Statements. The updates include:
- Ability to indicate which credit cards your clinic accepts
- Ability to designate a Remit To address
- Display of CPT code descriptions
- Addition of page numbers
Also, statements are now saved within the patient's chart.
Release Note for June 20, 2019
- Medicare claims for clients with multiple primary insurance cards were rejected because the incorrect group number was populating in the EDI file. This is now resolved.
Release Note for June 6, 2019
- Members were experiencing an issue where clients excluded from batch billing were still appearing in the batch list as commas. This is now resolved.
Release Note for April 11, 2019
Bulk Claim Viewer: Users can now view and edit all service lines ready to be billed to insurance at once. The service lines can be viewed in client alphabetical order, DOS oldest to newest, or DOS newest to oldest. Navigate to Billing > Bill Insurance > View All. Click here for more information.
Release Note for April 4, 2019
- Some users experienced an issue where their Date of Service defaulted from newest to oldest. This issue has been resolved.
Release Note for March 14, 2019
Exclude a Client From Batch Statements: This feature gives your clinic the ability to prevent Client Balance Statements from being created for individuals that you designate. This is extremely useful if you have a client that has been sent to collections. Click here to learn more.
- Some users, even though they were integrated with WebPT, were unable to see the Insurance Card Mapping Tool. This issue has been resolved.
Release Note for March 7, 2019
Client Statement Custom Message: When creating a Client Balance Statement, you can now add a custom message that will appear on the statement. This is entered prior to clicking Print as Invoice. This is only available when printing a statement for a single client, not when printing a batch.
Release Note for February 21, 2019
Insurance Card Mapping Tool: The process of mapping insurance cards has been updated. Click here to learn more about this time-saving and error-reducing process.
Release Note for January 31, 2019
Rendering Provider Taxonomy PRV*PE Missing from EDI File: The rendering provider taxonomy code was not appearing on the EDI file as expected in some cases. It should now render as expected based on the billing NPI, rendering provider NPI, and advanced insurance settings. Click here to learn more about when the rendering provider taxonomy code should appear on the EDI file.
Release Note for January 10, 2019
Filing Statements in Patient Chart: Client Balance Statements can be accessed directly through the client's chart. To access the statements, navigate to Edit Client > Filing > Statements.
Release Note for January 3, 2019
- Clinics with a large number of CMS-1500s were experiencing issues when trying to use the CSV backup. This is resolved, and backups can be downloaded again.
Release Note for December 6, 2018
Password Security Update: We have updated password requirements to help keep your account more secure. This update does not affect your current password. For more information, please see: Password Security Update.
- Users will no longer have an issue entering payments from a session while in the provider portal.
Release Note for November 1, 2018
BAA Update: Therabill's Business Associate Agreement (BAA) has been updated. Navigate to the latest agreement by clicking Admin > Member Info, then look under Therabill Documents.
Release Note for October 17, 2018
EMR and Therabill SSO: Single Sign-On (SSO) allows users to access Therabill through the Billing button in the EMR, eliminating the need to sign into Therabill separately. When users click on the Billing button for the first time, they’ll be prompted to enter their WebPT and Therabill credentials to enable SSO. Please see this article for more information.
Release Note for October 4, 2018
CPT Auto-Ordering: You can now enable CPT auto-ordering, which will automatically order Expected Rates from highest to lowest. This will allow for maximum reimbursement from payers who use a cascaded payment model to determine reimbursement. To use this feature, you must fill out your Expected Rates Schedule and check the corresponding box to enable this feature. For more information, please see: CPT Auto-Ordering with Expected Rates.
Patient Balance in the EMR (WebPT Integrated Clinics): When checking in a patient in the WebPT EMR, their corresponding balance in Therabill will be shown. This balance is the patient's total finalized charges which exclude unassigned and pending insurance payments. For more information, please see the WebPT Community article: Patient Balance From Therabill.
Release Notes for September 13, 2018
Send Back to Insurance Invoice Area Button: A session can be sent back to the insurance invoice area by clicking the corresponding button on the Edit Session window. For more information, please see: Send To Insurance Invoice Area.
Credentialing Alerts: After an alert has been set up, a warning will be displayed when trying to submit an insurance claim for a provider that has been designated "Not Credentialed" with a specific payer. For more information, please see: Credentialing Alerts.
Release Notes for August 23, 2018
Tricare Alert: When creating a session for a patient with Tricare insurance, a warning will display as a reminder that services provided by an assistant therapist are non-covered services. A link to this article with more information and required waivers will also display.
Release Notes for August 9, 2018
Enhanced Idea Portal: At WebPT, we love hearing feedback, after all, it’s what drives our development. To provide a more robust feedback experience for Members, we’ve replaced the existing idea portal. Now, Members can submit, browse, comment, and vote on ideas. The idea portal can be accessed through the green light bulb icon in the upper-right corner of Therabill; or by clicking the help icon, then Contact Us, and select the Suggestions tab. Please do not enter PHI into the idea portal as ideas will be visible to other Therabill users.
Release Notes for August 2, 2018
Rendering Provider Taxonomy Added to All Electronic Submissions: Rendering provider taxonomy will now be added to all electronic submissions sent from Therabill. If a payer does not want this information, this feature can be turned off in the insurance settings. To access, navigate to: Billing > Insurance List > Info & Settings. Then, deselect the checkbox for: Loop 2310B - Segment PRV: Do not include the rendering provider taxonomy code (PRV segment) on EDI claims.
EDI File Will Only Include Custom Box 33B Information: EDI files will now only include the Custom Box 33B Information for an insurance’s taxonomy. The custom insurance info is set up under the insurance list. To access, navigate to: Billing > Insurance List > Info & Settings > Box 33 > Edit information. Then, add the Box 33 B value.
Release Notes for July 19, 2018
Limited Release: Add Pop Up When Auto-Populating Expected Rate Schedule: When a user clicks “Auto-Populate Default Schedule”, a screen will pop-up that encourages them to check the rates that populate for accuracy. This feature is currently available for a small group of Members and will be available for all Members in a future release.
- After clicking the “Save and Edit” button on the Add/Edit provider screen, the form will no longer close; rather, it will remain open so the user can continue to edit it.
Release Notes for July 12, 2018
Send for Signature Links Only Allow Users to Access Signature Page Once: To increase security when emails to clients and referring providers are sent out of Therabill for a signature, the recipient will have one opportunity to access the signature page and provide a signature. The link will not be accessible more than once.
Release Notes for June 21, 2018
Resubmission Filter: A filter for resubmissions has been added on the insurance invoicing screen. Users can now filter for resubmissions only as well as exclude resubmissions from their search results.
Payment Update Actions in Activity Log: When a payment update has been ignored or applied by a user, it will be viewable in the Activity Log.
New Resubmission Icon on Insurance Invoicing Screen: On the Insurance Invoicing Screen, a new yellow icon will indicate if that line was a resubmission.
New DX Column on Insurance Invoicing Screen: On the Insurance Invoicing screen, users will now be able to see the DX Case Name in a column called DX Case.
Release Notes for May 17, 2018
- When an authorization number is added to WebPT EMR with a trailing space, it does not map properly when the authorization is sent to Therabill; thus returning no match. This has been corrected to exclude trailing spaces when doing the match.
Release Notes for May 10, 2018
Denial Remark Code Updates: Denial remark codes 253 thru 295 and P1 thru P29 are now available for use. These codes communicate a reason for an adjustment that describes why a claim or service line was paid differently than it was billed.
Agency Payment History Report Updates: hhe Agency Payment History report has been updated to have all fields correctly populate on the report.
- Both Member-created insurances as well as global insurances (when named the same) will now appear on the insurance list. (Previously, if a Member-created insurance name was the same as a global insurance name, the global insurance would not appear in the insurance list.)
- When Members email a payment receipt from the Filing Cabinet to the client, it will now contain the correct URL for the receipt.
- Balance Statements will now correctly show or not-show the balance forward, based on the setting.
- When the patient balance is now under the insurance responsibility—and not the agency—the session will now show the insurance name.
- Once all of the addendums have been archived, the addendum alert will no longer display in the Things to Do area.
- Patients with an apostrophe in their name will now have ERA payments processed correctly.
Release Notes for April 5, 2018
New Taxonomy Codes: Taxonomy codes are attached to provider profiles in Therabill to identify the provider type and area of specialization. Two new taxonomy codes are now available in the add/edit provider screen:
- 106E00000X (Registered Behavioral Technicians)
- 106S00000X (Assistant Behavior Analyst)
This article describes how to add or edit a provider, which is where the taxonomy code is entered.
- The custom date range filter for Addendum Alerts has been corrected.
- Modifications were made to the Provider Code Summary snapshot report to show correct totals within the group.
- When filing attachments, the error message stating, “Do not use special characters in file name” has been removed; because special characters are allowed.
- The pay to address under Provider Groups has been modified to required a 9-digit zip code.
- While deselecting the autofill payment to sessions option when making a batch agency payment, an incorrect error message will no longer appear.
- After deleting an agency, that agency will no longer appear as the default on client records.
Release Notes for March 22, 2018
- Clicking on the “No Auths on File” box will now allow processing to continue normally without error.
- Payment balance will now be visible after viewing session information.
- The invalid pop-up box will no longer appear on the Box 33 settings for the insurance.
- If attempting to invoice a Date of Service line that does not contain a provider, an error message will now be displayed.
- Changes made to the Agency setting “Hide Unassigned Pmts” will now be saved.
- The Agency setting “Show NPI” will now be used correctly in processing.
- Filtering for batch agency payments has been corrected, and will do a refresh appropriately.
- The Agency Balance Statement has been modified so that it no longer truncates data.
- When a provider enters a simple note but does not finalize it, the clinic owner or admin can now successfully delete the note.
Release Notes for March 15, 2018
- The All/None option in Batch Invoicing now works correctly in Internet Explorer and Edge browsers.
- The N/A radio buttons on the Advanced tab of the Client card are now being saved.
- When users swipe a credit card, if it is an invalid swipe, a message will be issued so that the user can try swiping the card again.
- Report changes were made to the Agency Filing report so that the data appears correctly.
- Agency statements are now printing the second address line.
- The Faxes Sent snapshot report now issues a message when no faxes are found to display.