WebPT + Therabill Members will now have a mechanism to be alerted in Therabill when an addendum is made in the EMR—improving workflow efficiency. An addendum in WebPT does not auto-update the sessions. Sessions must be manually updated using the instructions below.
Note: An addendum will not create a new session if the original session was deleted out of Therabill. You will have to manually add a new session.
Addendum Worklist (New Feature)
1. An addendum is made on a previously finalized note, and the provider chooses the “Finalize and Rebill” button. Please note, the Finalize button will NOT send the addendum to Therabill.
2. In Therabill, the user will be alerted there was an “Addendum Added” in the Things To Do section of the dashboard.
3. The Addendum Worklist will open.
3a: Here's a breakdown of fields:
- Worklist: Current unworked addendums
- Archived: Addendums previously marked as ‘archived’, typically meaning they were worked
- All: All addendums
DOS Range (Date of Service Range)
- Choose from a custom time range, or pre-defined date options.
- Patient Name: Last, First
- Service Facility: Clinic Name
- Primary Insurance: Patient’s primary insurance
- DOS: Date of Service for note
- Finalized Note Date & Time: The date/time the addendum was finalized
- Archived: Archive the addendum, basically stating it was ‘worked’ and disappears from active list
- Edit: Edit the session and make changes
3b: The worklist will show the list of addendums that have been made. From there:
- Locate the addendum that needs to be worked.
- In WebPT, look at the original version and addendum of the finalized version.
- Find the change made.
- In Therabill, click the edit icon to the right of the addendum line to open the session.
4. Make the desired edits to the session.
- If the bill was already sent to insurance, it will show it has already been billed to insurance. They will need to refer to payer-specific guidelines, to do what is next.
5. After edits, choose Save & Done.
6. Return to Worklist, mark that line as “Archived”, indicating it has been worked.
Changes to the Insurance Invoicing Module (Enhancement)
On the Insurance invoicing screen, there is a new icon indicating that an addendum has been made to a patient’s session.
1. Access the Insurance invoicing screen, by hovering on "Billing" in the top navigation bar, then select "Bill Insurance". Once on the Insurance invoicing screen, select ‘Select Client’.
2. There is a new icon to the left of the indicating that the patient has an addendum to a session, as well as a new filter checkbox to view just those with addendums.
3. When clicking into a patient, there will be the same corresponding icon to the right indicating that line item has an addendum.
4. Click the edit icon (blue pencil) to the right, to open the details, make any changes, then click “Save & Done”.
5. When returning to the client screen, the addendum icon should disappear.