In order to offer Client Portal credit card payment processing, the clinic must complete the following steps.
- Set up their credit card payment merchant with Novera or WorldPay, and use credit card processing within Therabill.
- Contact Therabill Support to turn on the Client Portal.
- Ensure the client’s statement is printed as Invoice w/Remit or Print as Invoice (please note: if the patient has a responsible party, the portal should be set up with the Responsible Party's information, so that they access and make online payments).
- Activate the client portal for each user following the steps outlined here: Activating the Client Portal for Your Patients.
Making a Payment through the Client Portal
There is a PDF of these instructions at the end of the document for client distribution.
- Log into Therabill by going to https://app.therabill.com/login/ and entering the username and password.
- Click on the Filing tab. In the Invoices section, review statement balance. Record the balance due for reference later.
Click on the Account tab and select Make Payment.
In the pop-up window, enter in credit card and billing details. Input the balance due in the Amount box of the Account Information section. Click Process Card to complete the payment.
The clinic will receive an email that states "CLIENT NAME has posted a credit card payment (Auth #: 051016) using the Therabill patient portal. This payment has been entered as an unassigned payment to the client."