HL7 is the file format that allows data to transfer demographic and financial information from WebPT. If you have any errors, an HL7 Transmission Errors alert will appear on the dashboard under Things to Do. Use the magnifying glass to open the alert.
This will open a new window that displays all HL7 errors on your account.
Could Not Match Rendering Provider
There are a few reasons that this error can occur.
- The provider has not been added to the Provider List
- The provider has the wrong NPI or No NPI
- NPI is being used by multiple providers in the clinic
How do I fix this?
The application matches HL7 files based on the NPI and name of the provider.
If an NPI and/or name does not match:
- Check your Provider List to ensure the provider has been added.
- If the provider has been added, verify the NPI and name match exactly.
- Once the issue has been correct, select Reprocess on the corresponding HL7 error.
Note: If the NPI and/or name was entered into WebPT incorrectly, you will have edit the provider to reflect the same incorrect information for the HL7 files to match. Once reprocessed, change the NPI and/or name information in both systems to reflect correctly.
If the NPI matches multiple providers:
- Click View File on the error.
- Near the top of the file, look for the line that starts with "PV1.
- In the like, locate the NPI and provider name.
- Using Providers > Provider List, find what providers are assigned the same NPI and make the necessary changes to ensure each provider has a unique NPI assigned.
- Return to the HL7 Transmission Error alert and click Reprocess.
Types of HL7 Files
This type of file contains information about the client. It is designated by the Financial section being empty.
This type of file contains billing information from a Daily Note, such as charge amounts, CPT codes with modifiers, and diagnosis pointers.