Once your integration is complete and you are receiving sessions from WebPT into your Therabill account, are there any sort of things that you should be aware of or watch out for? The short answer is yes. Below are some things to be aware of while using a Therabill account that has been integrated with WebPT.
What happens after integration? When you finalize a note in WebPT, that session information is sent to Therabill as an HL7 file. HL7 is a standard for the exchange, integration, sharing, and retrieval of electronic health information. When information is passed from WebPT into Therabill, it is passed in the HL7 format. Therabill takes the information in that HL7 file and uses it to create/update client information or create session information, which is then added to your Therabill account so that you can bill insurance and/or the client for the services provided. So what will work a little differently than if I just use Therabill on its own?
- Session Times - all sessions will appear in Therabill on the correct date of service, but the times for all sessions will be 10:00 am. Session times are not sent to Therabill from WebPT. All sessions for the same day will all show the same appointment time of 10:00 am.
- Recurring Sessions - Therabill will not know anything about future sessions for a client, only the sessions that have been finalized in WebPT and passed over to Therabill.
- Session Payments - Any payment collected and entered for a patient in WebPT that is marked as paid will transfer over into Therabill as an Unassigned Payment for that patient.
- Session Charges - any session charges will not be sent over from WebPT. That's why you set up the fee schedule while preparing your account for the WebPT integration. See Preparing your Therabill account for a WebPT integration. Having a fee schedule for all of your service codes will ensure that when the sessions come across, each of the service lines will have an appropriate charge attached to it as well.
- Clients/Patients - any time a client is created or edited, it will be sent to Therabill. Think of the client in WebPT as the master copy. Any changes that you might make in Therabill to a client, could be overwritten the next time that client is sent across. Any changes made to a client in Therabill so that you can complete billing should be made in WebPT as well.
- Insurance cards - the first time a client is sent over to Therabill, there may not be an insurance company listed on the insurance card for that client. The text listed in WebPT for an insurance payer will come over in the Note/Title field at the top of the Edit Insurance Card page (see red circle). Once you select the insurance payer using the Ins Company box (blue circle), an association (mapping/relationship) will be created between the text in the Note/Title field and the specific payer that was selected. This will be true for any future client that is sent over from WebPT using that same Note/Title.
- HL7 Transmission Errors - sessions that cannot be properly connected to a provider will be marked on your dashboard as an HL7 Transmission Error. If you click on the view link you will be presented with a dialog showing what sessions could not be properly imported and what the reason is. You can fix the issue and then click the Reprocess link which will then try again to import that record into Therabill. You can also click the Ignore link to ignore the error. Keep in mind that if you ignore the error, the session that was sent from WebPT will not be added to your Therabill account.