This is a strange error message that we see come back from Mental Health Network (MHNet). At one time, we talked to the clearinghouse about it and they recommended just resubmitting the claim. However, I would keep my eye on this to make sure this error message does keep occurring on the same claim. If it does, you may need to call the payer (remember to talk with their EDI department) to find out what is going on. If they give you any good information, we hope that you will post it as a comment at the bottom of this article.
Articles in this section
- Referring prov first and last name must be in separate fields and both are required
- Element CAS02 (Claim Adjustment Reason Code) is missing. This Elements standard option is Mandatory. Segment CAS is defined in the guideline at position 5450
- A3 143 P406 BILLING NPI REQUIRES RENDERING NPI
- SERVICE LINE COB INFORMATION: INVALID; THE SUM OF ALL SERVICE LINE PAID AMOUNTS PLUS THE SERVICE LINE ADJUSTMENT AMOUNTS FOR EACH PAYER MUST EQUAL LINE ITEM CHARGE AMOUNT
- Invalid Referring Physician NPI Format (Box 17B) - Fails Validation
- Element CRC03 (Condition Indicator) does not contain a valid identification code: YES is not allowed. Segment CRC is defined in the guideline at position 2200. Invalid data: YES
- DATES OF SERVICE NOT IN INSURED POLICY DATES :
- DTP03 NOT IN POLICY DATE RANGE
- Facility Type Code 99 invalid for BCBSNC business.
- ACK/RETURNED - ENTITYS ID NUMBER. - SUBSCRIBER