More and more insurance companies are trending towards matching the date of birth of the insured to the member number in their member database. It used to be that the insured's birthdate didn't matter so much, but that appears to be changing. You may want to make it a part of your policy to get the insured's birthdate.
You can add (or edit) the insured's birthdate by editing the patients insurance card in Therabill.
You are probably reading this because you received this error on one of your claims. Therefore, I will first tell you how to fix this error from within the error page in Therabill. I will then go over the more general instructions for editing an insurance card.
To edit from the error page
- Click the edit icon next to the insurance company name on the right hand side of the error page.
- The edit insurance card form will open up. Change the birthdate to the correct birthdate and then save the card.
- You can now resubmit that claim electronically by clicking the Resubmit Electronically button at the top of the error page.
- Click Clients in the top blue navigation bar.
- Find the client in your client list and then click the edit icon associated with that client.
- At the bottom right of the edit client form (or the face sheet), click the edit icon next to the insurance card to open up the edit insurance card form.
- Change the birthdate to correct (valid) birthdate of the insured.
- IMPORTANT: Remember to save the client before you close the edit client form.