The claim is being rejected for a formatting issue with the referring physician you have entered for the client/patient. Below are some common mistakes.
- Make sure you have the NPI entered and it is a valid NPI.
- Make sure you have both the first name and last name entered.
- If the referring physician is an organization. First, make sure the payer you are submitting to allows this. Second, make sure you enter the organization name as the last name of the referring provider.
Editing the Referring Physician
The referring physician name and NPI can be edited in Therabill under Providers -> Referring Providers
- Put your mouse over Providers in the top navigation bar of Therabill
- In the drop down menu, click on Referring Providers
- In your referring provider list, find the referring physician and click the edit icon
- Remember to save after you have made your changes.