The payer cannot find either the rendering provider and/or the billing provider based on the taxonomy code and NPI that you have entered on the claim.
How to Fix
You must submit using the same NPI and the same Taxonomy code that you have entered for the payer.
- Billing Provider: The NPI and Taxonomy code are entered in your Member Info (under Admin in Therabill). Make sure this matches what the payer has on file for you as a billing provider.
- Rendering Provider: The NPI and Taxonomy code are entered on the add/edit provider form (under Providers in Therabill). Make sure what you have entered for the taxonomy code and NPI matches what the payer has on file for the rendering provider.
How to get your taxonomy code.
When you get your NPI, you must supply a taxonomy code. You can always go look yourself up in the NPI database to find the taxonomy code that you supplied when you got your NPI.
- Go to NPI Registry search (link valid at time of writing). You can also Google "NPI Registry Search".
- Click on Search for an Individual Provider
- In search form that opens, Enter your NPI (the rendering NPI) and then search.
- Go to your record in the search results. Somewhere within your record you should see your taxonomy code that you supplied when you applied for your NPI.