The payer is rejecting based on the two letter state abbreviation given in an N4 segment. Unfortunately, this rejection message does not give the loop (which would indicate who they are referring to, e.g. billing provider, client/patient, subscriber).
You will want to check various things on the claim and make sure the state abbreviation is correct. Here are some possible places to look.
- Billing provider: This is usually (by default) the information you have entered under Admin. However, if you are using insurance company specific billing provider information or groups within Therabill, you may have to look in those places.
- Rendering provider: Under Providers in Therabill, make sure the state abbreviation for the rendering provider is correct.
- Client/Patient: Under Clients in Therabill, make sure the patients state abbreviation is correct.
- Insurance card: Make sure the subscribers address is correct (on the clients insurance card in Therabill).
- Facility address: If you are using facility addresses in Therabill, check under Admin->Member Info->Service Facilities to make sure the state abbreviation is correct.