The payer is stating that one of the Zip codes you have supplied on this state is not valid. Unfortunately, they just refer to entity, and do not specifically mention which Zip code is incorrect. Below is a list of what Zip codes might be present on a claim.
- Billing provider: This is usually the Zip code you have entered under Admin in Therabill, unless you have set up different rules for this payer (e.g. insurance company specific billing provider information or groups).
- Client/Patient: Check the Zip code that you have entered for the client/patient at the top of the edit client form in the demographics section.
- Subscriber/Insured: Check the Zip code that you have entered on the insurance card in Therabill.
- Facility Address: If you are using service facilities in Therabill, you will want to check the service facility Zip code that you have entered. This can be found under Admin->Member Info (at the bottom, under the section Service Facilities).
- Payer: This is less common, but if you have an address entered for the insurance company then you will want to check the Zip code that you have entered. You can check the address under Billing->Insurance List.
What does 'invalid' mean?
They are saying that the Zip code is 'invalid'. Below is a list of what they may be referring to.
- Zip codes should be numeric and should consist of 5 numbers.
- The Zip code must match the state that you have entered. Make sure the Zip code matches the state that you have entered.