Auto Medical and Worker's Compensation claims can only be sent through the Jopari clearinghouse. This is because Jopari allows you to submit electronic claims and later attach the required documentation, while Office Ally and Availity lack this ability.
Important: There is no additional cost to use the Jopari clearinghouse when connected using your account.
Set Up - Overview
Let's review the process of setting up your account and clients for a successful relationship with Jopari. We will go into more detail about the client setup and claim submission process below.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request that the Jopari integration be activated.
- Map your clients' insurance cards to a Jopari Payer ID (i.e. J1716). For more information, please see: Insurance Card Mapping.
- Enter the additional required insurance information for each client.
- Send 2-3 claims to Jopari.
- Complete the Jopari Registration Form (located at the bottom of this article) and submit it to WebPT Support.
- In a few days, Jopari will send an email confirmation with login instructions to finish setting up your account. You will then be able to attach documentation to your claims before they are forwarded to the payer.
Jopari always requires three specific pieces of information to process claims. All claims will be rejected without this information:
- Social Security Number
- Claim Casualty #
- Employer (This field must be entered into the application directly)
In WebPT the information should be entered as follows:
- Social Security Number is entered on the Patient Info screen
- The Claim Casualty # is entered into the Claim Number field on the last window when adding/editing the insurance card
To enter this information into the Therabill:
- Navigate to Clients > Client List.
- Locate the desired client and edit their chart using the icon.
- Enter the Social Security Number (SSN) into the Account & Identifying Numbers box.
- Next, edit the insurance card using the corresponding icon.
- Ensure that Claim Casualty # field is completed. All claims will be rejected without this information. Additionally, Workers Compensation claims will require the Employer field.
- Select Apply Edits and then choose one of the Save options on the client's chart.
Submit 2-3 Claims
Before your Registration Form can be processed by Jopari, they will need to receive 2-3 claims from our system. This will allow them to verify your Tax ID in order to create your portal account.
Note: You cannot submit claims to Jopari using the Batch Primary feature.
- Navigate to Billing > Bill Insurance.
- Use the Select Client button to choose the desired client and display their confirmed service lines.
- Check the lines you want to create a claim for and select Create Invoice.
- On the insurance card that is mapped to a Jopari Payer ID, you will see an extra option under Additional Settings titled Will Attach File of Type. Use this drop-down to indicate what type of documentation you will be uploading through the Jopari portal.
- Select the Lightning Bolt to submit the claim electronically.
Important: If you do not specify a file type to be attached, the claim will not be held by Jopari and will most likely cause a rejection.
The Jopari Portal
After you have started submitting claims to Jopari and have received your login information, you will be able to access the Jopari portal. Use the portal to attach any required documentation and make any last-minute edits to the claim.
If a claim is rejected by Jopari, there is very little we can do to resolve the issue. It is best to call Jopari Support directly for assistance.