Therabill can connect to your Jopari clearinghouse account. Jopari is a clearinghouse that focuses on Workers Compensation, Auto Medical, and other Property & Casualty claims and the electronic submission of documentation to those payers, including attachments. To find out more about Jopari, please visit their website at www.jopari.com
How to get Set Up
You can start the integration process by contacting WebPT(email@example.com) and requesting that we set up your account for the Jopari integration. If you want more information or to request the integration by phone, please call WebPT Support and select Option 2 for Therabill.
- Once the integration is turned on within Therabill, your payer list will contain Jopari-specific payers. In order to set up your account, Jopari needs to be able to match the Tax ID on your registration form to claims already in their system. Therefore, you must start the process by submitting at least one claim to a Jopari payer prior to sending in your registration form.
- Once the claim has been sent, complete the Jopari Registration Form (which will have been emailed to you upon requesting the integration) and return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we receive the form, we will set up an account for you and login information will be sent to the email address you have listed on the registration form.
Once your account has been established, you can submit claims to Jopari from Therabill. When submitting, you will be given the option in Therabill to indicate that you will be attaching a file to the claim. When you indicate that you are attaching a file, Jopari will hold the claim on their end until you log into your Jopari account and attach the file. NOTE: If you do not indicate that you will be attaching a file, then Jopari will submit the claim without waiting for an attachment.
Before you Submit
Jopari always requires three specific pieces information, Social Security Number, Casualty Claim Number, and Employer Name, to be entered in Therabill before you submit a claim. If you do not enter this information your claim will be rejected. Follow the steps below to enter the necessary information.
The Social Security Number: On the add/edit client form
You must supply the SSN for the client. The SSN can be entered on the add or edit client form under the Account & Identifying Numbers section (see image above, red arrow). It is very important that you supply the patient's Social Security Number for all clients that you will be submitting through the Jopari clearinghouse.
The Claim Casualty Number and Employer Name: On the add/edit insurance card form
You must supply the claim casualty number on the insurance card that is attached to a Jopari payer for the client. The claim casualty number and employer name should be entered in the Policy Info section of the add/edit insurance card form for the client (see image below, red arrows). Note: the claim casualty number field will only show up for payers and plan types that are related to casualty claims.
Submitting the claim to Jopari
You will submit the claim through Therabill and then add the attachments in your Jopari account. However, there are a couple of nuances that you need to be aware of.
- At the time of this writing, you cannot submit batch primary claims through Jopari. You must manually submit to each client by clicking the Select Client option at the top left of the bill insurance page in Therabill. This is similar to the way you submit any other insurance claim (not in batch primary).
- When you get to the point of claim submission in Therabill where it displays the insurance card (see image below) that you have entered for the client, if the insurance card is associated with a payer from the Jopari clearinghouse (see image below, blue arrow), then you will see a file attachment drop-down menu (see image below, red arrow). If you want Jopari to hold the claim until you log in to Jopari and attach a file to it, then you must make a selection from this drop-down menu. IMPORTANT: If you do not select an option from the attach file drop-down menu, then Jopari will assume that you want them to submit the claim and will not wait for a file attachment.
If you need to attach a file to the claim, log into Jopari and attach the file from there to send the claim.
If a claim is rejected by Jopari, there is very little we can do to resolve the issue. It is best to call Jopari Support directly.