To assist with the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10, over the past year, Therabill has offered the ability to enter both ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes for each of your patients. We do realize that you may not have been able to enter the ICD-10 codes for all of your patients and may need a way to view all of your clients that do not have ICD-10 codes entered. For this reason, Therabill has a small tool that will quickly give you a list of your clients that do not have ICD-10 codes entered.
You can get to a list of clients that do not have ICD-10 codes entered by going to your client list. At the right of your client list, you will see a small badge labeled ICD-10 Stats, as shown in the image to the right-top (red arrow). The badge gives you summary statistics about your client list and how many cases have ICD-10 codes associated with them.
The text within the badge reads "You have X out of Y client cases (across Z unique active clients) that have ICD-10 codes entered." Below is a description of the values (X,Y,Z) within the text.
- X - This is the total number of cases that you have entered for your clients that have ICD-10 codes entered. Remember, a client may have more than one diagnosis case.
- Y - This is the total number of cases that you have entered for your clients.
- Z - This is the total number of unique clients that the cases in Y are associated with.
To clarify, a simple example would be if you have two clients. One of the clients has a single diagnosis case and the other has two diagnosis cases and only one of these diagnosis cases has ICD-10 codes entered. Given this example, the text would read You have 1 out of 3 client cases (across 2 unique active clients) that have ICD-10 codes entered.
Viewing Clients With No ICD-10 Codes
The badge also has a link labeled View Client List. Clicking this link will give you a list of all of your clients (and cases) that do not have ICD-10 codes entered, as shown in the image to the right-bottom. This list shows all cases associated with active clients in your client list that do not have ICD-10 codes associated with them. For each client in the list, the following information is displayed.
- Client name - including the identifier (if applicable).
- Next DOS - any session associated with the case that has a date of service on or after today's date. If this column is blank, then you do not have any sessions currently scheduled that are associated with this case.
- ICD-9 - Current list of ICD-9 codes associated with the case.
- Edit icon - click this icon to open up the client chart where you can add ICD-10 codes.
Multiple Client Diagnosis Cases
If you have clients entered in to Therabill that have more than one diagnosis case without ICD-10 codes, then you will see multiple ICD-9 code lines associated with the same client name. In the image to the right, multiple diagnosis cases (without ICD-10 codes) are associated with client "Presely, Elvis OT" and "Presely, Elvis SLP".
I Do Not Use Diagnosis Cases, I Create Multiple Clients
If you create separate clients for each of your diagnosis cases, then each case will be listed on its own line.