What is it?
Box 9 indicates that there is another policy that may cover the patient. The insured's name is entered as Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial, separated by commas.
If Box 11d is marked, complete boxes 9, 9a, and 9d; otherwise, leave blank.
Note: To make this change permanent, you must update this information directly in WebPT. Otherwise, the next time you save in WebPT, the information entered there will flow over and overwrite any changes you've made.
To manually change the insured's name:
- Navigate to Clients > Client List.
- Edit the desired client using the icon.
- Edit the corresponding insurance card using the icon.
- In the Demographics section, enter the information into the First Name, Middle Initial, and Last Name fields.
- Select Apply Edits.
Note: If you are sending a claim to a primary, the insured's information for the secondary insurance will be displayed. If you are sending a claim to a secondary and there is no additional insurance, the insured's information for the primary insurance will be displayed.
To manually change this information:
- Navigate to the desired patient's chart.
- Select Patient Info.
- Click the icon for the corresponding insurance entry.
- Use the Next button until you get to the Policy Information screen.
- Use the Insured Party drop-down to make a selection.
- If an option other than Self was chosen, select the Next button and enter the information for the Insured Party.
- Use the Next button until you reach the final screen and select OK.
- Click Save Patient.
- This information is not included in the 837 file.
- Loop 2330A, Segment NM103 (Last), NM104 (First), NM105 (Middle Initial).