What is it?
Box 9a is the policy or group number of the subscriber's other policy.
If Box 11d is marked, complete boxes 9, 9a, and 9d; otherwise, leave blank.
Note: To make this change permanent, you must update this information directly in WebPT. Otherwise, the next time you save in WebPT, the information entered there will flow over and overwrite any changes you've made.
To manually change the policy number:
- Navigate to Clients > Client List.
- Edit the desired client using the icon.
- Edit the corresponding insurance card using the icon.
- In the Policy Info section, enter the information into the Policy/Group # field.
- Select Apply Edits.
Note: If you are sending a claim to a primary, the insured's information for the secondary insurance will be displayed. If you are sending a claim to a secondary and there is no additional insurance, the insured's information for the primary insurance will be displayed.
To manually change this information:
- Navigate to the desired patient's chart.
- Select Patient Info.
- Click the icon for the corresponding insurance entry.
- Use the Next button until you get to the Policy Information screen.
- Enter the Group number.
- Use the Next button until you reach the final screen and select OK.
- Click Save Patient.
- This information is not included in the 837 file.
- Loop 2320, Segment SBR03