What is it?
Box 14 identifies the onset date of the illness or the date of the injury. This can be entered using the 6-digit (MMDDYY) or 8-digit (MMDDYYYY) date format. This will be identified using the following qualifier:
- 431 - Onset of Current Symptoms or Illness
Enter the qualifier to the right of the vertical, dotted line.
Note: To make this change permanent, you must update this information directly in WebPT. Otherwise, the next time you save in WebPT, the information entered there will flow over and overwrite any changes you've made.
To manually change this information:
- Navigate to Clients > Client List.
- Edit the desired client using the icon.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Under the Dates (MM/DD/YYYY) section, enter the date into the First symptoms field.
- Click Save & Close.
Note: The system will format the date into the correct format when the claim is created.
To change this information:
- Navigate to the desired patient's chart.
- Find the Initial Examination entry and use the drop-down to select Add Addendum.
- On the Subjective tab, enter the Injury/Onset Date/Change of Status Date.
- On the Plan tab, select Finalize & Rebill Initial Examination.
Loop 2300, Segment DTP01 (Qualifier) and DTP03 (Date).