What is it?
Box 18 identifies an inpatient stay and indicates the admission, and if applicable, discharge dates associated with the service(s) on the claim. This can be entered using the 6-digit (MMDDYY) or 8-digit (MMDDYYYY) date format. This date is when a medical service is furnished as a result of, or subsequent to, a related hospitalization.
Note: To make this change permanent, you must update this information directly in WebPT. Otherwise, the next time you save in WebPT, the information entered there will flow over and overwrite any changes you've made.
To manually change this information:
- Navigate to Clients > Client List.
- Edit the desired client using the icon.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Under the Dates (MM/DD/YYYY) section, enter the applicable dates into the Hospitalized fields.
- Click Save & Close.
Note: The system will format the date into the correct format when the claim is created.
To change this information:
- Navigate to the desired patient's chart.
- Find the Initial Examination entry and use the drop-down to select Add Addendum.
- On the Subjective tab, make a selection for Prior Hospitalization.
- If Yes, enter the From and/or To dates.
- On the Plan tab, select Finalize & Rebill Initial Examination.
Loop 2300, DTP03 (if DTP01 is 435 and/or 096)