What is it?
Box 17a is the non-NPI ID of the referring provider and is a unique identifier or a taxonomy code. The qualifier indicating what the number represents is reported in the qualifier field to the immediate right of 17a. The available qualifiers are:
- 9F - Medicaid Montana Passport
- 0B - State License Number
- G2 - Provider Commercial Number
To manually change this information:
- Navigate to Providers > Referring Providers.
- Edit the desired provider using the icon.
- Enter the ID into the Box 17a and select the corresponding qualifier using the drop-down.
- Select Save & Done.
- Loop 2300, Segment REF02
0B and G2 Qualifiers
- Loop 2310A, Segment REF02