What is it?
Box 17b is where the NPI of the referring provider is entered. The NPI number refers to the HIPAA National Provider Identifier number.
Note: To make this change permanent, you must update this information directly in WebPT. Otherwise, the next time you save in WebPT, the information entered there will flow over and overwrite any changes you've made.
To manually change this information:
- Navigate to Clients > Client List.
- Edit the desired client using the icon.
- Under Referring Physician/Provider, enter the NPI into the NPI field.
- Select Save & Close.
To manually change the physician:
- Navigate to the desired patient's chart.
- Select Patient Info.
- Click the icon for the corresponding case.
- Enter the physician name into the Referring Physician field, and select the physician from the drop-down.
- Select OK and click Save Patient.
Note: If you need to edit the NPI of the physician, use the Display Physicians link on the left-hand side of WebPT to locate and update the physician's record.
Loop 2310A, Segment NM109