What is it?
Section 24 is used to list the completed services for the claim. The 6 service lines have been divided horizontally. The shaded area of each line between 24A and 24G is the location for reporting supplemental information. A Line Note is required when a CPT code is considered non-specific or does not definitively describe the service/supply.
To manually enter information into Box 24 Shaded:
- Navigate to Billing > Bill Insurance.
- Use Select Client to choose the desired client.
- Locate the session and select the corresponding icon.
- If there are multiple codes, edit the specific code using the icon.
- Enter the information into the Line Note field.
- If there are multiple codes, enter the information and select Save.
- Select Save & Done.
Loop 2400, Segment SV101-7
For more information on each field of Section 24, please see:
Box 24a - Date(s) of Service
Box 24b - Place of Service
Box 24c - EMG
Box 24d - Procedures, Services, or Supplies
Box 24e - Diagnosis Pointer
Box 24f - $ Charges
Box 24g - Days or Units
Box 24h - EPSDT/Family Plan
Box 24i - ID Qualifier
Box 24j - Rendering Provider