What is it?
Box 2i is used to indicate the appropriate qualifier for the ID listed in the 24j shaded area for the Rendering Provider. The qualifiers will indicate the non-NPI number being reported. The NUCC defines the following qualifiers can be used:
- 0B - State License Number
- 1G - Provider UPIN Number
- G2 - Provider Commercial Number
- ZZ - Provider Taxonomy (The qualifier in the EDI file will be PXC.)
To change this information:
- Navigate to Providers > Provider List.
- Edit the desired provider using the icon.
- Select the Legacy IDs tab.
- Enter the Payer, select the Type of ID, and enter the ID into the Legacy ID field.
- Click Add.
Note: Some payers are programmed to place the ZZ qualifier into 24i without the need of a Legacy ID, such as Medicaid.
0B, 1G, and G2
- Loop 2310B, Segment REF01