What is it?
Box 26 is used to indicate the identifier assigned by the provider.
Note: This is for Print & Mail claims only. Electronic claims will always use a unique Claim Identifier in this field.
You have the ability to change this box for specific insurances. The information that can be displayed includes:
- Insured's Primary ID - This is the default value. The system will use the same information that is displayed in Box 1a.
- Patient's SSN - This number can be changed by editing the client's chart under Clients > Client List.
- Patient's External ID - This number can be changed by editing the client's chart under Clients > Client List.
- Medical Record Number - This is a unique number that every client is assigned within the system. This can be found under Clients > Client List.
To change what information is displayed:
- Navigate to Billing > Insurance List.
- Locate the desired payer and select Info & Settings.
- On the General tab, use the In Box 26 of CMS-1500 drop-down.
- Select Save Changes.
Loop 2300, Segment CLM01