What is it?
Box 23 is used to show the payer assigned number authorizing the service(s).
Note: To make this change permanent, you must update this information directly in WebPT. Otherwise, the next time you save in WebPT, the information entered there will flow over and overwrite any changes you've made.
For information on entering an authorization number, please see: Authorization Watch
To manually change this information:
- Navigate to the desired patient's chart.
- Select Patient Info.
- Click the icon on the corresponding case.
- Edit the authorization using the icon.
- Enter the information and select Update.
- Click Ok and Save Patient.
Loop 2300, Segment REF02 (if REF01 is G1)