Do you need to find all sessions that do not have notes? Do you want to quickly find all un-finalized notes? Therabill has a tool for you. We call it Documentation Search. Documentation Search can be used for all three Therabill documentation methods (Custom Documentation, Simple Notes, and Attachments).
How to get to Documentation Search
You can get to documentation search from your dashboard. Your dashboard is the first page you see when you log in to Therabill. At the top (directly above the schedule) of the dashboard, there are a series of green buttons. The button farthest to the right is labeled Doc Search (see image to the right, circled in red). Click the Doc Search button to open up the documentation search form.
Using the Documentation Search Form
The documentation search form appears as in the image to the right. The form is broken down in to two main sections. The top section is used to search and filter the sessions (or notes) being displayed. The bottom sections is where the sessions and notes that meet your search criteria are displayed.
Searching / Filtering Notes
There are various search filters available to help you find sessions or notes that meet specific criteria.
- Date of Service: This is a date of service range. There are two text boxes to enter a date. The first text box is the beginning date and the second text box is the ending date. Therabill will display sessions with a date of service within the date range that you specify.
- Client Name: If you only want to view sessions or notes for a specific client/patient, then enter the client into the client name text box. Start typing the client's name and then when you see the client in the drop down menu, click on the client's name.
- Provider Name: If you only want to view sessions or notes for a specific provider/therapist, then enter the provider into the provider name text box. Start typing the provider's name and then when you see the provider in the drop down menu, click on the provider's name.
- CPT/Service Code: If you only want to see sessions that have a specific CPT/Service Code associated with it, then start typing the CPT code in to the CPT/Service Code text box. NOTE: The results automatically update as you type.
Viewing Search Results
Sessions that meet your search/filters will be displayed as a list in the bottom section of the documentation search form. Information about the sessions or notes are displayed as follows (in order from left to right):
- Red bar: If you see a red bar in the first column, then the session is not finalized.
- DOS: The date of service of the session or note.
- Client: The client/patient name.
- Provider: The name of the therapist who was listed as the rendering provider of the session. In addition, if there was a supervising provider, the supervising providers name will be listed underneath the rendering providers name.
- CPT: The CPT code of the session. If more than one service is associated with the session, it will display the number of CPT/Service codes associated with the session (i.e. 3 CPT would mean three service codes).
- Docs: The number of custom documentation forms created for this session.
- Simple: The number of simple notes entered for this session.
- Att.: The number of attachments uploaded and attached to this session.
- Edit icon: Each session has an edit icon . Click the edit icon to go to the edit session form where you can add documentation, simple notes, attach files or finalize the note.