Do you need to find all sessions that do not have notes? Do you want to quickly find all un-finalized notes? Documentation Search can be used for all three Therabill documentation methods (Custom Documentation, Simple Notes, and Attachments).
How to get to Documentation Search
Start from the dashboard. At the top (directly above the schedule) of the dashboard, there are a series of green buttons. Click Doc Search, the button farthest to the right, to open up the documentation search form.
Using the Documentation Search Form
The documentation search form has two main sections. The top section is used to search and filter the sessions (or notes) being displayed. The bottom section is where the sessions and notes that meet your search criteria are displayed.
Searching / Filtering Notes
There are various search filters available to help you find sessions or notes that meet specific criteria.
- Date of Service: This is a date of service range. There are two text boxes to enter a date. The first textbox is the beginning date and the second text box is the ending date. Therabill will display sessions with a date of service within the date range that you specify.
- Client Name: If you only want to view sessions or notes for a specific client/patient, then enter the client into the client name text box. Start typing the client's name and then when you see the client in the drop-down menu, click on the client's name.
- Provider Name: If you only want to view sessions or notes for a specific provider/therapist, then enter the provider into the provider name text box. Start typing the provider's name and then when you see the provider in the drop-down menu, click on the provider's name.
- CPT/Service Code: If you only want to see sessions that have a specific CPT/Service Code associated with it, then start typing the CPT code into the CPT/Service Code text box. NOTE: The results automatically update as you type.
Viewing Search Results
Sessions that meet your search/filters will be displayed as a list in the bottom section of the documentation search form. Information about the sessions or notes are displayed as follows (in order from left to right):
- Red bar: If you see a red bar in the first column, then the session is not finalized.
- DOS: The date of service of the session or note.
- Client: The client/patient name.
- Provider: The name of the therapist who was listed as the rendering provider of the session. In addition, if there was a supervising provider, the supervising provider's name will be listed underneath the rendering providers name.
- CPT: The CPT code of the session. If more than one service is associated with the session, it will display the number of CPT/Service codes associated with the session (i.e. 3 CPT would mean three service codes).
- Docs: The number of custom documentation forms created for this session.
- Simple: The number of simple notes entered for this session.
- Att.: The number of attachments uploaded and attached to this session.
- Edit icon: Each session has an edit icon. Click the edit icon to go to the edit session form where you can add documentation, simple notes, attach files or finalize the note.