Therabill allows you to attach files from your computer to store them in the cloud. When you upload a file from your computer, you can attach that file to one of your clients, providers, or to a specific therapy session. In this article we will cover how to attach a file to one of your patients in Therabill.
How to Attach a File to a Client / Patient in Therabill
You can attach a file to a client form your client list. Click Clients in the top navigation bar of Therabill. In your client list, find the client to whom you would like to attach file. Once you locate the client in your client list, click the client tools icon associated with that client. You will now see a menu open up. Within that menu, click on the Attach File option. This will open up the Attach File form.
Attaching the file
The attach file form has the following parameters for you to enter. All parameters are optional (except for the Select File).
- Select File: This is where you select the file from your computer. The way this behaves depends on your browser. In general, you are going to click the choose file button. This will open up a directory explorer. Using this dialogue, find the file that you want to attach on your computer.
- Document Type: You can indicate what type of document this is. For example, you can indicate that the file you are uploading is an insurance card.
- Title: This is what will be displayed to you in the attachments filing cabinet as the name of the file. You should choose a concise title.
- Keywords: These will help you search for the file later.
- Sharing: If you have the client portal add on, you can post this file to the client portal by putting a check in the Sharing checkbox.
- Description: You can enter a longer description of the file here.