A visual history of a client can be seen by using the Timeline feature.
Access Client Timeline
- Navigate to Clients > Client List.
- Locate the desired client and edit their chart using the icon.
- Select the icon to open the client's Timeline.
Using the Timeline
The Timeline will display various events across a specified time. Using the bottom area, you can click-and-drag the timeline to change what dates are displayed. Additionally, scrolling up or down on your mouse will change the zoom level. This will allow you to view the timeline for an entire year or for a single hour.
An event is something that occurred with that client. The event options are shown on the left side of the timeline. Use the checkboxes to display or hide each type of event. The available events include:
- Client Edits - Markers are created when the client was added or when the client's chart was edited. Selecting a marker will take you to the client's chart.
- Simple Notes - When a Simple Note is added for a client, a marker is generated. Clicking on this marker has no effect.
- Attachments - After an attachment has been uploaded, a marker will be added into the system. The attachment can be downloaded by selecting the marker.
- Ins Claims - Marks when a claim was invoiced to a payer. The PDF CMS-1500 can be displayed by selecting the marker.
- Client Statements - You can open a Client Balance Statement that was created by clicking the corresponding marker.
- Client Payments - Displays when a client payment was posted to service lines. It will also include a breakdown of the amount that was assigned to each service line but will not show the CPT codes.
- Ins Payments - Displays when an insurance payment was posted. It will also include a breakdown of the amount that was assigned to each service line, but will not show the CPT codes.
- Unconfirmed - Sessions that are in your schedule and have not yet been confirmed.
- Cancelled - Sessions that are marked as cancelled.
- Confirmed - These are sessions that have been confirmed but do not have documentation started and have not been finalized.
- Doc Started - A note has been started using the documentation system, but the session has not yet been finalized.
- Finalized - The session has been finalized.