This article serves as an initial release notice of a new feature Therabill is launching called Timelines. Timelines are a visualization of the history of a patient in Therabill. We are initially releasing it as a patient timeline (in beta of course) with the intention of exploring this concept with other objects in Therabill (i.e. your documentation versions, scheduled sessions, etc..).
The timeline feature described below is still considered Beta - In Labs. This knowledge base article will be updated upon final release.
This knowledge base article is a stub. It is not complete. It is only meant as an initial release announcement of a feature that is In Labs. This article will be updated and finalized after production release of this new feature.
How to access a patient timeline
The timeline for a patient, at this time, is accessed through a small icon at the top left of the edit client form (see image to the right, circled in red). Click the green timeline icon to open up that patient's timeline. NOTE: Once we go into production with the timeline, we will most likely make it more accessible than a small icon at the top left of the edit client form. This is only during development (while in labs).
Using the patient timeline
The patient timeline will open up (see image to the right). The timeline shows a variety of events that occurred for that patient in a visual timeline format. The bottom of the timeline (the x-axis) is time. The visualized time automatically adjusts based on the dates of the events being displayed. You can use your mouse to move the timeline left or right to see other dates (click on the timeline, and while holding the mouse click down, move left or right). You can expand the timeline view by using the scroll up or down.
What events are being displayed?
An event is something that occurred with that patient. The events are shown on the left of the timeline. Events are things such as adding/editing the client, entering a simple notes, attached a file, entered payment etc. There is also information about scheduled sessions/visits. As can be seen in the events list on the left, the scheduled sessions/visits are further categorized into unconfirmed, cancelled, confirmed, doc started, and finalized. You can remove specific events from your timeline by unchecking them in the list on the left.
Description of events and what happens when you click on the event
- Client edits: This will show markers for when you added the client or whenever you made edits to the client. NOTE: edits to the client may only be shown for edits made on or after 1/5/2013. Clicking on the event will open up the edit client form. NOTE: The production release of timeline will treat client edits differently than the client add event. In the production release, clicking on a client edit event will bring you to the 'client version' which is a future feature allowing you to see what the client information looked like at that time.
- Simple notes: This will place a marker on dates when you entered a simple note (not from the documentation system, but from the simple note entry forms). Clicking on the event will not do anything at this time. In the production release, clicking on the event will open up the simple note that you entered.
- Attachments: This will place a maker on the date(s) where you uploaded an attachment from your computer in to Therabill and then subsequently attached it to that patient. Clicking on the event will open up the attachment.
- Ins Claims: This will place a marker on date(s) where you created an insurance claim for that patient. Clicking on the event will open up the insurance claim.
- Client statements: This will place a maker on date(s) where you created a client statement for the patient. Clicking on the event will open up the statement.
- Client payments: This will place a marker on date(s) where you entered a payment given to you by the patient (when entering the payment, you marked as Payment Type: Client). Clicking on the event does nothing at this time. We are still trying to determine what clicking on this event should do and are open to suggestions.
- Ins payments: This will place a marker on date(s) where you entered a payment given to you for one of this patients sessions. Clicking on the event does nothing at this time. We are still trying to determine what clicking on this event should do and are open to suggestions.
- Unconfirmed: Sessions that are in your schedule and have not yet been confirmed.
- Cancelled: Sessions that are marked as cancelled (using session classes).
- Confirmed: These are sessions that have been confirmed, but do not have documentation started and have not been finalized.
- Doc Started: A note has been started using the documentation system, however, the session has not yet been finalized.
- Finalized: The session has been finalized.