Therabill gives you the ability to send your providers a copy of their schedule by email or text message. Let's review how to set this up.
- Click Providers in the top navigation bar.
- Find the provider and click the Provider Tools icon.
- In the menu that appears, click on Reminders.
- The Provider Reminders form will open up for this provider.
- Enter the provider's email address. If you have already added an email to the provider's profile, the email will be pre-filled. You can change this email, but this will not update the default email address in the provider's profile.
- You can set up multiple reminders. For example, you can have Therabill send out the schedule 1 day prior and then the morning of. This is done simply by creating multiple reminders.
If you set the delivery method to e-mail then you will just need to enter the e-mail address that you would like the reminder sent to. If you already have an e-mail address entered for this provider (on the add / edit provider form), then this e-mail will be pre-filled for you. However, you can change the e-mail address if you like. Changing the e-mail address here will NOT change the default e-mail address for the provider (on the add / edit provider form).
Text Message Reminders
Therabill also offers the ability to send out the schedule via text message. When choosing text message as the delivery method, you have two options: Free and Non-free.
Standard (Free) Text Messages
These text message are not sent out through an SMS gateway. They are sent out through e-mail to an e-mail address that each phone carrier has set up to deliver text message to a specific phone number. For this reason, you will need to know the phone carrier (i.e. Verizon, T-Mobile) in addition to the cell phone number. This type of text message has some inherent limitations. These limitations are listed below.
- If the provider does not have their cell phone turned on at the time the message is sent, they may NOT receive the text message.
- If the provider's text message quota has been met (mailbox is full), then they may NOT receive the text message.
Express (Paid) Text Messages
These text message are set up to go through a third-party SMS gateway. Therabill is charged 7 cents per text message and this cost is transferred to you. This means, that you must pay 7 cents for each text message that is sent out. Because these text messages are sent out through an SMS gateway, you only need to know the cell phone number and the limitations inherent to the free text messages (above) are not applicable.