Therabill offers several defaults that you can set for the add therapy session form. By entering add session defaults, Therabill will pre-fill fields on the add session form when you open it up. You can still change it at the time you are creating the session. For example, if you enter a default place code of Patient Home (12), when you open the add session form, the place code drop down will be pre-selected for you to "Patient Home (12)". However, you are free to change it.
In addition to default's you can also change the behavior of how Therabill resets the add session form. For example, if you do not want Therabill to erase the units when it resets the add session form, you can set this up under the Defaults page described below.
IMPORTANT: When you enter a default, it does NOT change any sessions that you have already entered. Defaults only affect the add session form.
IMPORTANT: You must click the Save Changes button when you are done entering your defaults.
How to get to the add therapy session defaults.
- Put your mouse over Admin in the top navigation bar of Therabill.
- Click on Defaults & Settings in the drop down menu.
- At the left of the defaults page, click the Schedule menu item.
- Place Code: When you open the add session form, the place code that you choose here will automatically be set for you.
- Facility: When you open the add session form, the facility that you choose here will automatically be set. This requires that you have entered facilities in to Therabill. It also requires that, on the add session form, you choose a place code that indicates the service took place at a facility.
- Units: The units that you enter here will be pre-filled for you when you open the add session form in Therabill.
- Service Code: The service code you enter here will be pre-filled for you when you open the add session form.
- Modifier: The modifier you enter here will be pre-filled for you when you open the add session form.
- Class: The default session class that you enter here will be pre-filled for you when you open the add session form. This requires that you have already created session classes in Therabill.
Time Entry Defaults
These defaults pertain to the time entry field. At the time of this writing, the selector and increment defaults are only available for the administrative login (not from the provider portal login).
- Duration: This will be the default length of your session in minutes. For example, if you enter 45, then when you enter a start time of 11:00AM, then end time will default to 11:45AM.
- Selector: If you would not like to have a time selector drop down menu, then click No for this option. You would then have to manually type in your times. This can be useful for some tablet devices that do not allow you to type in to the field when a selector is present.
- Increment: By default, the time selector will give you 15 minute increments. For example, if you focus on the start time, the drop down time selector may give you the options 11:00AM, 11:15AM, 11:30AM etc. If you enter 30 in the incremented, the drop down options will be 11:00AM, 11:30AM, 12:00PM etc.
Client Patient Reminders
These defaults pertain to Therabill sending patient reminders.
- If you do not want your patients to have the ability to indicate that they need to cancel from the e-mail reminder or voice message reminder then choose No here. Otherwise, choose Yes and your patients will then have the ability to indicate that they need to cancel from the reminder. NOTE: The cancel option is never available from a text message reminder.
- By default, Therabill only sends you an e-mail when a patient indicates that they need to cancel from the reminder. If you would also like to receive an e-mail when they confirm that they will be at the appointment, then click Yes here.
Add Session Settings
In addition to the defaults described above, there are a some settings you can use to change the behavior of the add session form (when you are adding a new session). These settings are described below.
- Allow confirmation of session when entering a session with a date of service in the past: If you mark yes here, then sessions that are added and having a date in the past will be presumed to have taken place and the session will automatically be set to confirmed.
- Automatically confirm sessions when initially billed to agency: If you mark yes here, then any session that you create with the initial "bill to" set to Agency will automatically be confirmed.
Edit Session Settings
These settings apply when editing a current session within Therabill.
- Apply CPT fee schedule when editing a session: By default, Therabill does not use the CPT fee schedule when editing a session. This is done purpose because usually members do not want the charge amount changed once they have set it (when adding the session). However, there are many cases where you will want the CPT fee schedule used on edit session form. For example, when you do not initially enter the service code and charge amount when initially adding the session. You can put a "yes" here to make Therabill use the CPT fee schedule during editing.
Behavior After Entering A Session
When you are entering a session in Therabill, after you click the Save & New button, Therabill resets the add session form, allowing you to begin entering a new session/appointment. Depending on your practice, it may be useful for Therabill to not reset some of the fields when you save. For example, you may always enter sessions for one provider before you move on to entering sessions for other providers. In this case, it might be good to tell Therabill not to reset the Provider. Then, when you click Save & New, Therabill will reset all fields except the provider and you will not need to re-enter the provider.
Simply put a check next to each item that you would like Therbill to NOT reset when you click Save & New.