When we enter a payment without applying it to specific sessions, it is entered as an overpayment or unassigned payment. How do we apply the unassigned payment to sessions?
You can apply the payments to sessions through the Enter Client Payment page:
- Click Payments in the top navigation bar.
- On the Enter Payment page, click the Client Pmts button.
- In the Client Name box, start typing in the client's name. When you see the client's name in the list, click on it.
- In the payment calculation box (under the payment information box), you will see the unapplied payment amount (see image below, red circle). You can enter payments into the session payment text boxes, using the unassigned payment amount. As you enter each session payment amount, the New Unassigned amount will be updated in the payment calculation box, showing how much is remaining in the client's unassigned payment bucket (see image below, blue circle).
- When you have finished applying the unassigned payment to sessions. click the Apply payments button to complete the process.
For further clarification, please view this instructional video: Batch Client / Patient Payment Entry