An adjustment is entered on a session from the enter payment form(s). An adjustment is entered just like a payment is entered, except that you change the payment type to "Adjustment". Below is a description of how to enter an adjustment on a single session. However, you can also enter adjustments to the sessions on the batch payment entry page.
There are multiple ways to open up the single session enter payment form. Here we are describing only one way, but wherever you see the enter payment icon associated with a session, you can click it to open up the enter payment form.
- Click Payments in the top navigation bar.
- In the Single Pmts page, find the session (use filters at top right to help you find the session).
- Click the black dollar sign icon associated with the session.
- The enter payment form opens up.
You can enter the adjustment in the enter payment form. Make sure you change the payment type to "Adjustment" (see image to right, red circle).
- In the payment amount, enter the adjustment amount. This should be the amount that you want to adjust the charge down. For example, if the charge amount is 100.00 and you want to adjust that down to 70.00, then you would enter an adjustment amount of 30.00.
- The session action should be set to "keep current session status".
- Change the "Payment Type" to "Adjustment" (see image to right, red circle).
- Click the enter payment button at the bottom of the form.