Every so often, you may find that you have charges in the wrong billing area...
Remember, there are three general areas where your charges can exist:
1) Bill Insurance Queue: These are charges waiting to be billed to insurance. aka: Confirmed / Un-invoiced
2) Pending Insurance or Open to Insurance: These are charges that have been submitted to insurance, and are awaiting payment from the insurance company. aka: Invoiced
3) Closed to Insurance or Bill to Client: These are charges for which the client is now solely responsible. aka: Closed
The easiest way to move your charges from one area to another is to utilize the Single Session Enter Payment Form and the Session Action.
Just follow these steps:
- Find the session you would like to move into a different area.
- Click on the corresponding icon to bring up the Single Session Payment Entry form (see Image to the right )
Select Payment Type: Client
Enter the New Payment amount as $0
Select the Session Action:
- Close Service/ Patient Due
- Re-open service
- Send to Insurance Invoice Area
- Bill Remainder to Agency
- Keep Current Session Status.
This will redirect your charge to whichever area you choose.
Related Articles & Video:
- What does the ‘session action’ on the enter payment form mean?
- What is a Session Status
- Single Session Payment Entry Form