Sometimes, you may want to move session or service line to a different billing area. Common instances include:
- You billed the incorrect insurance
- The client lost coverage and is now Self Pay
- You closed a service line that needs to be re-billed
There are three billing areas where your charges can exist:
|Bill Insurance Queue||Pending Insurance||Bill to Client|
|What's here?||Charges that are waiting to be billed to insurance.||Charges that have been invoiced to insurance and are awaiting payment||These are charges for which the client is now solely responsible.|
How to move the charge(s)
The easiest way to move your charges from one area to another is to use the Single Session payment entry form using a Session Action.
- Navigate to Payment > Enter Payment > Single Session.
- Locate the session/service line you would like to move. You can do this using the client name and date range filters.
- Click on the icon to open the Enter Payment screen.
- For payment Type, select Client.
- Enter the New Pmt amount as 0 on all lines you want to move.
- Select the appropriate Session Action on each service line. For more information, see: Session Action.
- Click Submit.