We love Suggestions!
Suggestions and ideas play a major role in product planning at Therabill. To help make sure we are able to efficiently capture and process all of our members great ideas, we have adopted a suggestion portal. You can enter your suggestions and browse other suggestions (make sure to vote on the ones you like) at the Therabill Suggestion Portal.
What to expect?
Posting a suggestion is not a guarantee that your suggestion will be developed (made in to a feature within Therabill). There are many things that Therabill looks at when planning our product. However, what the suggestion portal does offer, is a way for you to post your suggestion and have other clinics vote on it. Highly popular suggestions (those with lots of votes from different clinics) will bubble up to the top, and get in front of our product planning team faster.
Before entering a suggestion
Before you enter a new suggestion, you may want to search or browse through the suggestion portal to see if your suggestion already exists. If it does already exist, it is better to place your vote on the existing suggestion than it is to create a new one. That is, one suggestion with 10 votes is better than two suggestions with 5 votes each. Our product team does try to look for duplicate suggestions but sometimes they can slip past us. If you are browsing the suggestion portal and you see two suggestions that are the same or very similar, leave a comment on one of them letting us know (please reference the title of the other suggestion that it is similar to).
Make sure to leave comments on other suggestions if you think you can improve upon it or clarify it.
When you enter a suggestion
The suggestion may not show up right away in the public suggestion box. All suggestions are moderated. Mostly what we are doing is making sure nothing is offensive (this has not happened yet) and determining if the suggestion already exists or can be merged into another existing suggestion (see Before entering a suggestion above). Once it is approved by our moderators, it will then be made available for other people to vote on it.
Tips when entering a suggestion
Remember, you are not selling your suggestion to Therabill, you are selling it to our community of members. You should write your suggestion with your colleagues (fellow Therabill members) as your audience. Give details and be concise. Below are some tips that will help your suggestion get more votes:
- Your Suggestion Title: The title is the first thing other members see when browsing or voting on suggestions. It should be short (people do not normally like to read really long titles) but also very descriptive. They should have a really good idea as to what you are suggesting by your title, or at least want to click on your suggestion to read more.
- Description: Be very detailed in the suggestion description. Your audience consists of seasoned Therabill veterans but also of new members that may not know as much about the Therabill solution. Make sure you clearly describe what you are suggesting.
- Select a Category: When entering a suggestion, it will ask you for a category. Entering a correct category is very important. Often, members are browsing the suggestion portal looking for specific types of suggestions (e.g. billing suggestions). If you have posted your suggestion to an unrelated category, not only will it be in front of the wrong people, it may be treated as SPAM.
The stages (status) of your suggestion
If your suggestion is popular, you may receive a status update. This occurs when our product team changes the status of the suggestion. The possible statuses that can be assigned are as follows:
- Gathering Feedback: This means that your suggestion is starting to gain some traction and has been noticed.
- Researching: Sometimes there are awesome suggestions, but it just might not be feasible. For example, there may be legal issues, intellectual property issues, complexity issues etc.. If your suggestion status changes to Researching, it means that we are looking in to it.
- Planned: Your suggestion is most likely going to turn into a feature. It is now in the planning phase. We are looking into how it can fit with the Therabill product. We want to maintain a full featured product and also keep it intuitive and with a clean user interface, therefore, proper planning is a must.
- Developing Feature: Your suggestion has been planned out and is now in the queue for development. Unfortunately, because our development team's focus can often change (for many different reasons) we cannot guarantee or even offer a timeline on how long it will take for your suggestion to be fully developed.
- In Beta: While Therabill does send new features through Quality Assurance, we cannot always test for every circumstance that will be thrown at a feature when it is live (in public production). For this reason, we may release a feature as Beta. This is just to let you know that there may be issues with the new feature and you should report back to us any 'glitches' that you might find.
- Completed: Your suggestion is now a part of the finished Therabill product. You should be proud of yourself.... For some reason, I have the "I'm Just a Bill" song from School House Rock stuck in my head right now.
Additionally, your suggestion could get a status change to one of the following.
- Not enough Info: We may change the status to Not Enough Info if we feel that it is not clear what you are suggesting (see Tips When Entering a Suggestion above).
- Feature Already Exists: If your suggestion already exists as a feature in Therabill, the status will be changed to feature already exists. We will also give you a brief description of the feature in Therabill. If you need more information or clarification, please contact email@example.com.
- Sorry - No Can Do: Unfortunately, some suggestions just can't be done. There may be a lot of reasons for this. For example, it does not really fit into the Therabill practice management solution or there are legal reasons.. etc.
I posted a suggestion and I have not heard anything back from Therabill
Unfortunately, we cannot give a reply to each suggestion. Highly popular suggestions (those that receive votes) will receive status updates, but we cannot guarantee that a response will be given on all suggestions posted.
I really need this feature and I can't wait for the suggestion process
We do, at times, offer custom development. Since we are not a public software development firm, our rates may be high and it may be cheaper to find a software developer and have them use our API to help build features or products that you need. The API gives a software developer the ability to access your data within Therabill securely within their software.
If you do want Therabill to build you a custom feature, we charge $200.00 per hour of development time. Send a detailed description of what you are looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org (please mention that you are requesting custom development). We will assess your request and give you a quote.