American Therapy Administrators (ATA) does not accept electronic claims through a clearinghouse. However, they will allow you to set up a secure FTP (or SFTP) connection to easily upload 837 files.
First, contact ATA and request SFTP credentials for sending 837 files. Below is a list of the information that you will need to input into our system later. We have also included the most common entry for each item.
- Username: This is unique to your clinic
- Password: This is unique to your clinic
- SFTP URL: sftp1.therapyadmin.com
- Encryption Type: SFTP
- Port: 22
- Put Directory: Inbound/
- Pickup Directory: Outbound/
Once you have received your SFTP credentials from ATA, follow the steps below to set up the connection.
- Map your client's insurance card to the ATATX Payer ID.
- Navigate to Billing > Insurance List.
- Locate American Therapy Administrators and select Info & Settings.
- On the General tab, enter the ATA details into the Custom Connection box. Many details will default for you. Update these as necessary.
- Click Test Connection to authenticate your credentials. If a message appears that indicates ERROR, check your credentials and re-test the connection.
- Once the test is successful, select Save Connection.
- You can now submit claims electronically to ATA.