You have the ability to take extra security precautions by restricting where your employees can access the application by adding IP Address Restrictions.
What is an IP address?
If you are not aware of what an IP address is, you should ask your IT company to apply these settings for you. Without knowing what an IP address is or how they are assigned to your clinic's server, you may inadvertently lock all of your employees out of the system.
Important: If your clinic does not have a static IP address, then you should not create restrictions.
Who can I Add a Restriction For?
IP Address Restrictions only apply to User Accounts and Provider Logins. The Admin account will not be restricted and can access the application from any IP address.
Create an IP Address Restriction
- Navigate to Admin > Defaults/Settings > Administrative.
- Under Therabill Access Restrictions, select either Add Allowed or Add Restricted.
- Allowed IP Addresses: If this area is blank, then users can log into the system using any IP address not listed in the Restricted section. If you have one or more IP addresses entered, then you can only access the application from the IP addresses listed.
- Restricted IP Addresses: You cannot access the system using any IP address listed in this box.
- A form will appear where you can type in the IP address. Enter the IP address and then click Add IP.
Wildcard Characters in the IP Address
The system will allow you to use the * wildcard character when entering an IP address. For example: 192.168.*.* includes all IP addresses that begin with 192.168.