It is a requirement that you must use a physical address for all insurance and government claims. However, there is a way to indicate that you want the payment to go to a P.O. Box.
Set Up Pay-To Address
- Navigate to Admin > Member Info.
- Under Member (Billing Provider) Information, locate the Pay-To Address field. By default, it will be set to Same as billing.
- Click on the Same as billing link to edit the address.
- Enter the address that payment should be sent.
- Select Save.
Use Pay-To Address in Box 33
After you have entered a Pay-To Address, you will need to tell the system to use that address.
You don't have to do anything special for electronic (EDI) claims! When you have a Pay-To Address entered into the system, it will automatically be included on the EDI file in a separate loop (2010AB) than the Billing Provider address (2010AA).
Note: The CMS-1500 version of the claim will still show the Billing Provider address in Box 33. There is not a corresponding box for on the CMS-1500 for the Pay-To Address.
On the CMS-1500 claim form, you will notice that there is not a box for Pay-To Address. If the insurance company you are billing allows you to use a P.O. Box for billing/payment, you can force the Pay-To Address into Box 33.
- Navigate to Billing > Insurance List.
- Locate the payer you wish to use the Pay-To Address for and select Info & Settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Check the corresponding box next to Use pay-to address as billing address on paper claims.
- Select Save Changes.