If you use specific CPT codes together on a regular basis, you may want to consider creating CPT Code Bundles. Bundles can make adding sessions quicker.
Creating a Service Code Bundle
- Navigate to Admin > Defaults/Settings > Billing.
- Locate the Your CPT (Service/Procedure) Codes section.
- Select Code Bundling. A new window will appear.
- In the top-right corner, click New Bundle.
- In the Code field, enter a unique name to identify the bundle and then select Save. This can be up to 8 characters.
- Add all desired Service Codes, any additional fields (i.e. Modifiers, Units) and click Save Changes. For more information, please see below section.
Service Code Fields
- Service Code: Enter the service code. Remember, if you are going to be billing insurance, then you will need to enter a valid CPT code.
- Modifiers: Enter any modifiers that should be associated with the code (i.e. GP, 59).
- Units: Enter the number of units associated with the service code. If this field is left blank, you can manually enter the units after the bundle is loaded on the Add/Edit Session window.
- Charge: Enter the charge amount per unit.
- Expected: Enter the amount you expect to be paid per unit.
- Line Note: Only use this field if the CPT code being used is considered non-specific.
At the top of the form, indicate if you want to use your CPT Fee Schedule and Expected Rates Schedule to override the amounts that are entered on this form.
- Delete: Remove a code from the bundle by selecting the corresponding icon.
- Re-order: Drag-and-drop codes to change the order they appear on a session and claim form. This is useful is an insurance reimburses on a sliding scale. For another option, please see: CPT Auto-Ordering with Expected Rates.