By default, Therabill will put the insured's ID in Box 26 of the CMS-1500 insurance claim forms. However, you can make insurance company specific settings to change what goes into Box 26 of the CMS-1500 based on the insurance company that you are submitting to. In addition to putting the insured's ID in to Box 26, Therabill can put the patients Social Security Number SSN, the patients external ID that you have entered, or Therabill's assigned Medical Record Number for the patient in to Box 26.
Setting Box 26 for a Specific Insurance Company
You can change what goes in to Box 26 of the CMS-1500 based on the insurance company you are submitting to. Here are the steps to set up what you want entered in to Box 26 for claims going out to a specific insurance company.
- Click Billing in the top green navigation bar of Therabill.
- Click Insurance List in the sub-navigation bar of Therabill.
- Insured's Primary ID: This is the default value. Therabill will put the same value that is in Box 1A of the CMS-1500 into Box 26.
- Patient's SSN: Therabill will put the social security number that you have entered for the patient (on the add/edit client form, please see image at the bottom right).
- Patient's External ID: Therabill will put the external ID that you have entered for the patient. You enter the external ID for a patient on the add/edit client form (please see image at the bottom right of this page).
- Patients Medical Record Number: Therabill will put the Therabill assigned Medical Record Number for the patient in Box 26. NOTE: Therabill assigns each of your patients a unique Medical Record Number. This is created by Therabill and cannot be changed. If you would like to use your own ID, then please use the external ID.