When you run Batch Primary from the insurance billing page, you may not see all clients / sessions that you would see when doing your billing individually by client. When doing your billing, individually by client, Therabill is showing you all clients that have sessions that are considered open and ready for billing. When you run Batch Primary insurance, Therabill is only showing a subset of those clients/sessions. Below is a list of the criteria that sessions must meet in order to show up in the Batch Primary insurance.
NOTE: Before going through this list, first make sure you do not have any filters entered at the top of the batch primary insurance form. That is, make sure you do not have anything entered in the client name filter or DOS range filter that might be limiting which sessions / clients are being displayed.
- Primary Submission: Therabill defines this as sessions that have not previously been billed out to insurance.
- Provider: The session must have a provider assigned to it.
- Place Code: The session must have a place code assigned to it.
- Units: The session must have units assigned to it (greater than 0).
- Charge: The session must have a charge amount assigned to it.
Insurance Card Checks
- Electronic Submission: The insurance card must be an electronic insurance card. It cannot be a Print only insurance card.
- Primary ID: There must a primary ID present on the insurance card.
The above list of criteria is a small subset of error checks that Therabill performs on sessions that are being sent out. If any sessions do not meet the above criteria, then they will not be shown to you in the list of clients for Batch Primary Ins on the insurance billing page.
What if sessions are not in the list
After running a batch primary insurance, it is always a good idea to go back to the bill insurance page and click the Select Client button at the top left. This will show you all clients that have sessions ready to go out. You can then go client by client to submit your other sessions.