You have the option to batch all primary insurance claims. This means that you will be sending claims for multiple clients to their corresponding primary insurances. This is a useful tool that will allow you to send out all sessions that have not previously been billed out to the client's primary insurance.
Important: If you use this feature, it is still your responsibility to inspect all service lines to verify the information is correct before creating claims.
Note: The Batch Primary feature will always separate each DOS onto its own claim. If you would like to group multiple DOS onto a single claim, you will need to use the By Client claim submission method.
Which clients/sessions are not available?
The system will show all clients that have a primary insurance card that is associated with an electronic payer and have sessions that have never been submitted before. An additional set of checks are also performed on the sessions before they are made available in this list. For details on which clients and sessions are available for Batch Primary, please see: Which sessions/clients are available for Batch Primary?
Batching Primary Insurance Claims
- At the top-left of your Insurance invoicing screen, click the Batch Primary button.
- If you would only like to submit claims that fit certain criteria, you can use the filters provided (i.e. you only want to submit claims for a specific provider).
- From the list of clients that populate, uncheck any client you do not want to create claims for.
- Once you have your final list of clients selected, click the Submit button.
Submitting the Batch
When you click the Submit button, the system will display status updates while creating the claims. DO NOT close the Batch Primary Insurance window until it is complete. The process consists of the normal error checks that are performed on individual claim submissions. If errors are detected, you will be made aware of this through an indicator. If one of your clients comes back with an error, that submission will be skipped. You will need to go to the By Client dialog to view and fix the errors.
There are three main progress indicators:
A. Progression Counter
At the top, you will see text showing you the number remaining out of the total number of clients that need to be processed. If you close the Batch Primary window, the system will stop processing the claims.
B. Progress Icons
When you first click Submit, all checkboxes to the left of the client names will disappear and will be replaced with alternate icons as the batch progresses. The icons are as follows:
- Red X: The client did not have their name checked, therefore, they are being skipped.
- Spinning Circle: This client is currently being processed.
- Green Checkmark: Successful submission
- Error icon: The claim failed the error check and was not created.
C. Text Progress indicator
On the right of the screen, a text indicator will display as the batch progresses. The text progress should match the progress icons above. The text indicators are as follows:
- Skipped: Indicates that this client did not have their checkbox checked when you clicked Submit. They are being skipped.
- Queued: All non-skipped clients will start as Queued. At this point, there should not be a progress icon for this client.
- Currently Processing: The client is currently being processed.
- Errors detected: Errors were detected during the normal error checking process. You will need to submit claims for this client manually to view and fix the errors.
- Complete: The claims for this client were successfully submitted.
After Batch Submission
Once the process has completed, you will want to view the status of each client. If any errors were detected, then you want to manually run them using the By Client dialog to view and fix the errors.
You can now close the form by clicking the Close link at the top right of the Batch Primary Insurance dialog box.
Viewing submitted claims
Unlike the By Client submission, the system does not display the PDF printing option for you at the end of the submission. If you want to print out the CMS-1500, you can always open and print them from Filing > CMS-1500.