By default, Therabill will put an alert on your dashboard when any patient has an authorization that is expiring within the next 14 days or that has less than 4 sessions remaining. If you would like to change the cut-offs for when Therabill will show the alert (i.e. change the number of sessions) then you can do this under your Alerts Defaults and Settings.
- Put your mouse over Admin in the top navigation bar of Therabill.
- In the drop down menu, put your mouse over Defaults and Settings.
- Now click on Alerts to go to your Alerts Defaults and Settings.
At the top of the Alerts Defaults and Settings page, there is a list of alerts that Therabill will show in your To Do list on your dashboard (see image, below right). Only items that are checked will cause an alert to show on your dashboard. That is, if you would like Therabill to not show an alert for a specific item, then uncheck that item and then save your changes.
Expiring Authorization Alert
One of the items in the list is labeled Authorizations (highlighted by red box in image to the right).
If the Authorizations checkbox is checked, then Therabill will display an alert whenever authorizations are expiring. An authorization is considered to be expiring if it meets either of two conditions:
- Number of sessions: If, when creating an authorization, you entered that the session had a session count associated with it, then when the number of sessions remaining on the authorization falls below a cut-off value (set by green arrow in image to the right) then Therabill will alert you.
- Number of days remaining: If, when creating an authorization, you entered that the session had an expiration date associated with it, then when the number of days remaining on the authorization falls below the cut-off value (set by blue arrow in image above) then Therabill will alert you.
To change the cut-off parameters for when Therabill will alert you for an authorization that is expiring, change the values in the text boxes available. For example, if you would like Therabill to alert you 3 weeks prior to an authorization expiring, then put 21 in the text box highlighted by the blue arrow in the image to the right.
Remember to Save
Any changes you make are not final until you click the Save Changes button.