Before you can process credit cards in Therabill, you must first get set up with a merchant account and payment gateway. For information on getting started, please see: Credit Card Processing Set Up.
What is a USB Credit Card Swiper?
A USB credit card swiper, also known as a magnetic stripe reader, is a device that connects to your computer through a USB port. This allows you to swipe a credit card and send the information from the magnetic stripe on the credit card into the credit card interface.
Credit Card Swiper Requirements
Most credit card swipers will work with the application. However, make sure the one you purchase meets the following requirements:
- Read Track 1 & Track 2
- Keyboard Emulation
There are many sites that you can use to purchase a swiper. We recommend using Barcode Discount.
There is not any additional software that you need to install to use your USB swiper. Many companies offer software for purchase, but it can interfere with the swiper's ability to integrate with the application.
How To Use
- Open the Credit Card Gateway using the icon.
- Use the Client field to indicate a client, if applicable. This is typically for non-integrated users.
- Change the Entey Method to Swipe In.
- Enter the amount you want to charge in the Amount field.
- Swipe the credit card using the USB swiper.
- Click Process Card.