If you are entering the copay amount for your clients (on the add / edit client form), then you can use Therabill to create a statement (or report) of a client's co-pays). Furthermore, if you are entering payments and marking them as co-pay when the patient pays the co-pay, then you can also use the copay statement to show what the balance is on their co-pays.
NOTE: The co-pay statement, should not be used as a final bill for the patient. The co-pay statement does not reflect other closed charges to the patient. The co-pay statement will only show, for each session, the amount of the co-pay and the amount of payment applied to the co-pay. Therefore, it will only be showing the co-pay balances. To create a bill for your patient, you should use Client Statements.
How to create a copay statement
Put your mouse over Billing in the top navigation bar of Therabill and then put your mouse over Bill Client in the drop down menu. A sub menu will open up, click on Copay Statement.
You will now be at the copay statement page. At the top left, enter the client name that you would like to create a copay statement for. Once you enter the client name, a list of sessions (from your schedule) will appear. Each session line will show the following.
- DOS: This is the Date Of Service of the charge.
- Class: This is the session class that you applied to the session. For information on using session classes, please see: Session Classes in Therabill.
- Service: This is the service code that you entered on the add / edit session form. This is often a CPT code.
- Provider: This is the rendering provider (therapist) that performed the service.
- Charge: This is the charge amount that you entered on the add / edit session form for this service. You can hide this column from printing using the settings (see below, under Changing what is displayed when printing).
- Client Rate: If you are using our client rate tool (not usually recommended), it will show the client rate. You can hide this column from printing using the settings (see below, under Changing what is displayed when printing)
- Copay: This is the amount indicated as the copay due. This is often entered on the add / edit client form. However, it could be calculated from copay rules. For information on Copay Rules, please see: Changing the copay amount based on date of service or service code.
- Copay Pmt: This is the amount you indicated that the patient paid towards this copay. This requires that, when entering the payment, you check "Is Copay" to let Therabill know to apply the payment towards the copay.
- Balance: This is simply the copay column minus the copay pmt column.
Printing the copay statement
At the top left of the copay statements page, click the Print link. Therabill will now create an Adobe PDF file of the statement that you can open up using your computers Adobe PDF reading software and print out.
Changing what is displayed when printing
There are a couple of settings that will allow you to hide columns on the printed version of the copay statement. To get to these settings, click the Settings link at the top right of the copay statement page. You will find the following settings.
- Show insurance charge amount: If this is not checked, then the charge amount column (the charge amount of the session) will be hidden when printed.
- Show Client Rate: If this is not checked, then the client rate column will be hidden when printed.