Note: This statement should not be used by WebPT integrated clinics, because copays (and all payments) should be entered and collected through WebPT.
If you designate the copay amount for your clients on their chart, the system can create a statement for copays. The Copay Statement should not be used as a final bill as it does not reflect other charges, such as deductible amounts. The statement will only show the total copay for each session and the payments applied to those copays.
To create a bill for your patient, please see: Client Balance Statements.
Create a Copay Statement
- Navigate to Billing > Bill Client > Copay Statement.
- Edit the Settings, if needed.
- If desired, change the Date range or use a Date Preset.
- Enter a name into the Client field and select the client from the drop-down list. A list of sessions will be displayed. Each line will show the date of service, session class, service or CPT code, rendering provider, charge amount, client rate, copay amount, payment amount applied to the copay, and the remaining balance.
- Deselect any lines you do not want to include in the statement.
- Select Print.
Printing the Copay Statement
When you select Print, the system will create a PDF document and download it to your computer. A new window will appear allowing you to re-download the file or email the document with a custom message. A copy of the statement is not saved in the application.
When you select the Settings button, you have the following options:
- Show Insurance Charge Amount: If this is checked, the Charge column will be included when the statement is printed.
- Show Client Rate: If this is checked, then the Client Rate column will be included when the statement is printed.