Beta Warning: The aging summary on the client statement is currently in Beta. This means that, while it has passed our internal Quality Assessments (QA), it has just been released to the public and may still contain some errors.
While this feature is in Beta, it will be off by default. This means that you will have to manually turn it on if you would like your client/patient statements to have an aging summary on them. Once out of beta, we will determine if it should be turned on by default.
Aging Summary on Client Balance Statement
To include an aging summary on your client statement, you must change a setting in your client statement settings. To get to your client statement settings, take the following steps:
- Put your mouse over Billing in the top navigation bar and then click on Bill Client in the drop down menu.
- You will now be at your Statements page. If you are not (e.g. if you are on the Ledger Stmt page), click the Statements button at the top of the bill client area.
- At the top right of the client statements page, click the Settings button.
The client statement settings window should now be open. At the top right of the settings, under the Printing Options, mark yes next to Show Aging Summary.
Once you click Yes, you should see a couple more parameters appear below the option you just clicked yes for. The meaning behind this options is as follows.
- Age Charges From: The age of a charge is the number of days from the current date to a date in the past. Here, you are choosing which date in the past you would like to age from. DOS is the date of service of the charge. First Inv Date is the date that you first included this charge on a client statement and saved that statement to your client filing.
- Highlight At: The aging summary on the client statement will show the balance of all charges broken down into buckets 0-29 days, 30-59 days, 60-89 day, 90-119 days, and greater than 119 days. Here, you are choosing a starting bucket to begin highlighting the balance. Choose a bucket (or choose No Highlighting if you would rather not use this option), and all buckets on or after that bucket that have a balance in them will be highlighted displayed in a red font.
Once you have chosen your settings, remember to click the Save Settings button to save those changes.