If you are looking for a report of all sessions billed out to insurance, you may want to take a look at our Insurance Billing Session Report located in the Snapshot Reports.
Navigating to the Insurance Billing Session Report
- The Insurance Billing Session Report is located in the Snapshot Reports. You can get to your Snapshot Reports from your dashboard by clicking the Snapshot Reports button at the top of the dashboard (located directly above the list of scheduled sessions). You can also click on Reports in the green navigation bar at the top of the screen followed by Snapshot Reports in the sub menu that appears.
- Once you have the Snapshot Reports open, at the top right, change the drop down menu labeled Report Type, to Billing (highlighted by red arrow in image to the right).
- You will now see the Insurance Billing Session Report. (see image to the right).
Using the Insurance Billing Session Report
The Insurance Billing Session Report lists each CPT code submitted to insurance within the date range that you specified in the Billed Date Range (circled in red in image to the right). You can choose any date range you like, allowing you to look at a week, a month, a year (any time period of your choosing). The services listed are ordered by date billed. The following information is presented in columns of the report.
- Billed - the date you billed the CPT code.
- Client Name - for space saving reasons, only the first initial and last name of the patient is displayed.
- Provider name - the rendering provider of the session. For space saving reasons, only the first initial and last name are shown.
- DOS - The date of service of the session.
- CPT - The CPT / Service code (with modifiers, if present).
- Units - The number of units billed.
- Charge - The amount charged for the service.
- Payor - The insurance company billed. For space saving reasons, only the first 25 characters of the payer name is shown.
- Method - How the claim was submitted. EDI = Electronic (for Electronic Data Interchange), Print = Print and mail (not electronic)
- Status - The last known status. This will be either be submitted (the claim was submitted, and at this time, there are no errors), error (the claim was submitted and then an electronic rejection was received), resubmitted (the claim came back in error, and the claim was fixed and resubmitted from the claim error page), cancelled (the claim came back in error and the claim was cancelled from the claim error page).
Grouping the report
As with a lot of reports in Therabill, you can apply groupings to the Insurance Billing Session Report. Groupings allow you to group the session lines into categories. For example, you can group the sessions by billed date or by payer. To group the sessions, use the Group By select menu located underneath the date range at the top right. As an example, a report grouped by billed date is shown in the image to the right.
Printing the Report
To print the report, click the printer icon located at the top right (right above the date range text boxes).