The Monthly Accounts Receivable (A/R) Summary report provides a summary of your month end accounts receivable.
Running the Monthly Accounts Receivable (AR) Summary Report
The Monthly AR Summary report is located within the Balances and A/R reports in Snapshot reports. For instructions on navigating and opening your snapshot reports, please see: Snapshot Reports in Therabill.
- Open the Snapshot reports window and choose Balances / AR from the Report Type dropdown.
- Select the Monthly AR tab.
- Determine whether you want to view by Service Date Range or by Posting Date Range.
- Choose the facility using the Facility drop-down.
- Determine whether you want to run the report for a specific rendering provider. If so, begin entering the provider's name in the text box labeled Provider, select the correct provider's name from the list that appears. Therabill will only show charges, payments, and adjustments for sessions that are associated with the rendering provider that you have entered.
- Enter in the desired date range and click Go to run the report.
The Monthly Accounts Receivable Summary
The monthly AR report displays accounts receivable information for the selected date range, starting with the Previous A/R balance for the month preceding the first month of the entered date range. In our example above, the Previous A/R balance is from April 2017. Each row within the report shows the totals from the month end of the displayed month/year. For each month, Therabill will display the following information.
- Charges: The total charge amount of all sessions with a date of service within that month that have posted (confirmed) and have been assigned to a client and where the charge has not been marked as client not billable (from a session class).
- Ins Pmts:The sum of all insurance payments posted within the selected date range.
- Client Pmts: The sum of all client payments posted within the selected date range.
- Agency Pmts: The sum of all agency payments posted within the selected date range.
- Adjustments: The sum of all adjustments posted within the selected date range.
- A/R Change: For the month, this is equal to charges - ins pmts - client pmts - agency pmts - adjustments.
- A/R: This is equal to the prior months ending A/R plus the A/R change for the month associated with the row. This is the total accounts receivable at the end of that month.
Totals: The last line shows the totals of all applicable report columns. The totals of the ins pmts column, the client pmts column, the agency pmts column, and the adjustments column can be interpreted as the sum of all charges within the date range supplied. The A/R change total can be interpreted as the total change in A/R for the specified time period. The A/R column is not totaled because the AR column is a running balance and the total of that column would not have any informational value.
The actual A/R is the sum of charges minus payments and adjustments. However, often your charge amounts are inflated (not what you really expect to receive from the insurance companies) due to contracted rates. If you are using expected rates in Therabill, then you can view an adjusted A/R based on your expected rates by clicking the radio button labeled Expected. For information on how to use Expected Rates, please see: Expected Rates.
Printing the report
To export the report to PDF, click the printer icon.