The Monthly A/R report provides a summary of your month-end Accounts Receivable.
Note: The Charges column will always pull by Date of Service, regardless of other filters.
Running the Monthly A/R Report
- Navigate to Reports > Snapshot Reports > Monthly A/R.
- Determine whether you want to view by Service Date Range or by Posting Date Range.
- Optional: Choose the facility using the Facility drop-down.
- Optional: Determine if you want to run the report for a specific rendering provider. If so, begin entering the provider's name in the Provider textbox and select the provider's name from the list that appears. Therabill will then only show charges, payments, and adjustments for sessions that are associated with that provider.
- Select the desired date range and click Go to run the report.
The Monthly Accounts Receivable Summary
The monthly A/R report displays Accounts Receivable information for the selected date range, beginning with the Previous A/R (ending A/R of the previous month). Each row within the report corresponds to a sepcific month. For each month, Therabill will display the following information:
- Charges: The total charge amount for all confirmed sessions with a Date of Service during that month. The sessions must have a client assigned and not be marked as Client Not Billable (from a session class). It is recommended that you always assign a client to a session. If your clinic sells supplies to non-clients, add a generic client to be used for these sessions.
- Ins Pmts: The sum of all insurance payments posted within the selected date range.
- Client Pmts: The sum of all client payments posted within the selected date range.
- Agency Pmts: The sum of all agency payments posted within the selected date range.
- Adjustments: The sum of all adjustments posted within the selected date range.
- A/R Change: For the month, this equals Charges minus Payments (Ins, Client, Agency) minus Adjustments.
- A/R: This is equal to the prior months ending A/R (1) plus the A/R change for the month associated with the row (2). This is the total Accounts Receivable for that month (3).
Totals: The last line shows the totals of all applicable report columns. The totals of the Ins Pmts column, the Client Pmts column, the Agency Pmts column, and the Adjustments column can be interpreted as the sum of all charges within the date range supplied. The A/R change total can be interpreted as the total change in A/R for the specified time period. The A/R column is not totaled because the A/R column is a running balance.
The actual A/R is the sum of charges minus payments and adjustments. However, often your charge amounts are inflated (not what you really expect to receive from the insurance company). You can view an adjusted A/R based on your Expected Rates by clicking the radio button labeled Expected. For information on how to set-up Expected Rates, please see: Expected Rates.
Printing the report
To export the report to PDF, click the printer icon.