The charge code summary report in your Productivity Reports in Snapshot Reports gives you an idea of how much you are charging for performing various services.
Navigating to the Charge Code Summary
The charge code summary report is located in the Productivity reports in Snapshot Reports. For instructions on navigating and opening your Snapshot Reports, please see: Snapshot Reports in Therabill. At the top right of the Snapshot Reports, using the drop down menu, choose Productivity. At the top of the Productivity reports, click Code Summary.
The Charge Code Summary
The charge code summary (see image to the right) will display rows of codes (you can choose which type of code using the code type drop down menu. For each code, the report will show you various information about services performed using that code.
Choosing which code to view
You can view the information by service code, session class, or the patients primary diagnosis. You can change views by selecting the code from the drop down menu labeled Code Type.
Choosing a date of service range
You can restrict the report to a date of service range using the date boxes at the top right of the report. By entering a date in either of the boxes, you will be narrowing down which charges are included in the report based on the date of service of the session. A default date range is automatically selected.
The report consists of rows for each code, based on which code you have selected from the Code Type. For each code, the following information is displayed.
- Clients: The number of distinct clients you performed services on within the date range using the associated code. By distinct, it means that if you performed services twice during the date range for the same client, that client will only be counted once.
- Provs: The number of distinct providers who performed that code during the date range selected. By distinct, it means that if the same provider performed that code more than once during the date range, that provider is only counted once.
- Units: The total number of units associated with the code performed during the date range.
- Visits: The number of visits during the date range where that code was used.
The Payments Columns
The payments column is not showing the total payments posted during the date range. The payments columns are showing total payments that have been applied to the sessions that have a date of service within that date range. If you are looking for total payments posted during a date range, please see your payments reports.
- Insurance payments: Total insurance payments applied to the sessions/charges within the date range and assigned to the code.
- Client payments: Total client payments applied to the sessions/charges within the date range and assigned to the code.
- Agency payments: Total agency payments applied to the sessions/charges within the date range and assigned to the code.
- Adjustments: Total adjustments applied to the sessions/charges within the date range and assigned to the code.
ChargesThe charges column shows the sum of all charges on those sessions with the respective code. NOTE: The charges may not match other reports. The reason is based on what the purpose is of the different reports. The code summary report is showing you charges for services performed and does not include sessions marked as cancelled (using session class).