This report gives you an idea of how much you are charging for performing various services.
Navigating to the Charge Code Summary
To access this report, navigate to Reports > Snapshot Reports > Code Summary.
The Charge Code Summary
This report will display rows of codes and various information about services performed using that code. The different Code Type drop-down menu options are Service Code/CPT, Session Class, and Primary Diagnosis (ICD-9 or ICD-10).
The report consists of rows for each code, based on Code Type you selected. For each code, the following information is displayed:
- Clients: The number of distinct clients you performed services on within the specified date range using the associated code. By distinct, it means that if you performed services twice during the date range for the same client, that client will only be counted once.
- Prov: The number of distinct providers who performed that code during the date range selected. By distinct, it means that if the same provider performed that code more than once during the date range, that provider is only counted once.
- Units: The total number of units associated with that code during the date range.
- Visits: The number of visits during the date range where that code was used.
The payments column show the total payments that have been applied to the sessions that have a Date of Service within that date range.
- Insurance payments: Total insurance payments applied to the sessions within the date range and assigned to the code.
- Client payments: Total client payments applied to the sessions within the date range and assigned to the code.
- Agency payments: Total agency payments applied to the sessions within the date range and assigned to the code.
- Adjustments: Total adjustments applied to the sessions within the date range and assigned to the code.
- Charges: The charges column shows the sum of all charges on those sessions with the respective code. NOTE: The charges may not match other reports. The code summary report only shows charges for services performed and does not include cancelled sessions.
Printing the Report
When you click the print icon you will be given the option to print as a PDF or Comma Separated Values (CSV). A CSV file can be opened in your using a spreadsheet application (i.e. Microsoft Excel).