Once you have signed up for the Client Portal, the next step is to make the portal available to your clients. Use the following steps to provide portal access.
- Go to the Client tab and select Client List from the top navigation bar.
- Search for the client you want to activate the portal for.
- Click the client tools icon and select Client Log In from the menu.
- If your client does not have an email address associated with their account, you will need to enter it in the provided box. Click the Send Login Authorization button to send the setup email to the client.
The patient will receive the following email. If you need to resend the authorization email, see the following article for more details: Reset Client Portal Login.
- Have the patient click the link provided in the email to set up their username and password. Once they click on the Create Account button, they will be taken into their client portal account.
Logging into the Client Portal
Your clients will login to their portal the same way that you log in to your account, by going to https://app.therabill.com/login/ and entering their username and password.
Client Portal View
There are three tabs of information that can be viewed.
The Account tab displays demographic and appointment information. On the right side of the page is a box for Web Resources. The entries that are displayed in that box are created by adding entries in Your Links & Resources under Admin->Member Info from an Admin login.
There is also a button for the Message Center where your clients can send messages to someone on your staff or their preferred provider. This message will show up in the Message Center for the login of the message recipient. They will also receive an email notifying them that they have a message from a client, if the option to Send e-mail to recipient when Message is received has been activated. For more information about the message center, see the following article: Therabill Message Center.
If your clinic has activated credit card processing, the client can also make payments from this tab. For more information, see the following article: Client Portal Payments.
The Scheduling tab displays session information on past and future appointments with an adjustable date range. Each line shows session date, time, provider for the session, and whether or not the session has been completed. Once a session is confirmed within Therabill, it will show as completed in the Client Portal.
The client can confirm or cancel a future scheduled session/appointment directly from the portal. For more information see the following article: Patient Confirm / Cancel Scheduled Appointments.
The Filing tab contains information about the client's invoices, receipts, documentation, notes and attachments. Each of these is contained in a sub-tab within the filing tab page.
- The Invoices tab contains a copy of every invoice that you have sent to the client. A number of input boxes are provided so the client can search for a desired invoice.
- The Receipts tab contains a copy of every payment receipt that was generated for client payments. The same input boxes are provided so that the client can search for a specific payment receipt if needed.
- The Documentation tab will contain a copy of any documentation that you have marked for posting to the client portal. This is in reference to documentation that is entered into the session from the Documentation tab for a session.
- The Notes tab will contain copies of any Simple Notes that are marked as Client Viewable. These notes could have been entered from the Client Notes icon associated with the client in the Client List, or from the Free Form tab for a specific session.
- The Attachments tab will have copies of the following types of attachments:
- Attachments uploaded to the client's page tagged as Post to client portal. For more details see the article Attach a File to a Client / Patient.
- Attachments uploaded to a client's session/visit tagged as Post to client portal. For more details see the article Attach a File to Session / Visit.
- Attachments from your Filing->Attachments page that have been attached to the client using the Attach File icon and then marked as Share File with...Client (via Client Portal - only clients that the file is attached to) using the Share File icon.