Before you can activate the WebPT integration, there are some initial account setup features that must be in place. This article provides an overview and some general instructions for how to complete setup actions in the Providers tab. It is essential to correctly set up providers for efficient billing and error reduction.
Navigate to Providers > Provider List.
In order to integrate properly, the WebPT and Therabill provider information must be unique and match exactly between the applications. This is essential for the provider fields: First Name, Last Name, and NPI. Therefore, Therabill provider licenses cannot be shared.
|Application||First Name||Last Name||NPI|
While two fields match, the First Name fields do not. This will generate an HL7 Tranmission Error that prevents the information from flowing into the application.
To fix this error, correct the First Name spelling in Therabill and select Reprocess on the HL7 Error. For more information, please see: HL7 Transmission Errors.
Setup Providers & Assistants
If you need to add a new Provider or Assistant, you will need to ensure that you have an available license within the application.
If there are no available licenses:
- The Add Provider button will not be visible
- A Decision Maker must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an additional license
- You can delete an existing provider if the billing cycle has been completed for all claims and they are no longer at your clinic
Once you have an extra license, select the Add Provider button to continue.
You are required to enter the NPI, Taxonomy Code, Credentials, First Name, and Last Name fields. This is the minimum amount of information required for successful billing.
Important: The NPI, First Name, and Last Name fields need to match their WebPT profile.
Start by checking the Is an assistant box. Enter the Supervisor's name and select them from the drop-down list. Using the assistant's WebPT profile information, list the NPI, First Name, and Last Name. If the assistant does not have an NPI, ensure that a unique placeholder NPI is used for each assistant for integration purposes (i.e. 9999999995 or 5555555551).
The following table will help you decide whether or not you want your assistants to be able to finalize notes in WebPT.
There are several areas where provider information appears in the application. We will discuss two of these.
- Session/Service Provider - The Provider that finalized the WebPT Daily Note.
- Rendering Provider - The Provider that is listed in Box 24J of the CMS-1500.
The therapist that finalizes a Daily Note in WebPT, whether it be an assistant or not, will be listed on the session as the Provider. This can be seen in the Scheduling box.
Rendering Provider on Insurance Claim
- If the provider listed on the session is a Provider, their NPI number will appear in Box 24J.
- If the provider listed in the session is marked as an Assistant, their supervisor’s NPI will appear in Box 24J.
Once a provider has been deleted, there is no way to re-activate them. If there is a provider that leaves and comes back, you will need to make a new provider account for them, and it will not link to the previous provider account for that individual.
Note: If you delete a provider and will no longer need the additional license, a Decision Maker will need to contact email@example.com to remove the license and any associated future charges from your account.
It is important to note that once a provider has been deleted:
- They will not show up in the Providers tab.
- They will not be able to login to Therabill.
- Sessions cannot be billed out for that provider (including resubmissions), so all billing for that provider should be done prior to deleting them.
Information that will remain after a provider has been deleted:
- Confirmed sessions
- The provider will show up on reports
- All CMS-1500's linked to that provider
- All client information
To delete the provider, navigate to the Provider List and select the icon.