When an insurance issues a reversal of payment or you need to create a refund for an overpayment, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to Payments > Enter Payment > Single Session.
- Locate the session using the filters necessary (i.e. Client/Patient, Service Date Range).
- Click on the icon next to one of the service lines on the Date of Service.
- In the Payment History box, locate and unassign any client payments using the icon if the Patient Responsibility has changed with the reversal/refund.
- Using the New Payment/Adjustment entry form, select Insurance w/o Adjudication as the Type. Ensure that the Received from has the correct payer listed. Fill in the remaining fields with the check information.
- On each service line, enter negative payment and adjustment amounts according to the reversal/refund and select the appropriate session action.
- Click Submit. The Payment History area will reflect what was posted.