You can group sessions together by using a Session Class. These classes are created and managed by your clinic. You can even use a Session Class to alter charge amounts and expected rates.
Every class is defined by a code and various parameters. The available parameters are:
- Cancelled/No Show - Used to track cancelled sessions on reports.
- Include on Payroll - This feature is no longer supported. This option can be either checked or unchecked.
- Ins Not Billable - Indicates that the session cannot be billed to insurance. Any session given a class with this option will automatically become Closed.
- Client Not Billable - Any session containing a class with this option will not appear on a client balance statement. This is typically used for sessions that were cancelled without a fee.
- Agency Not Billable - Sessions that are applied a class with this option cannot be billed to an agency.
- Don't Send Reminder (Standalone Only) - If this option is selected, a session reminder will not be sent. This is usually used in conjunction with the Cancelled/No Show option.
Add a Session Class
- Navigate to Schedule > Classes.
- Select Add Session Class.
- Enter a unique 2-6 character Code for the class.
- Select all parameters you would like to apply to this session.
- Optionally, you can enter a Title and Internal Description.
- Click Save Session Class.
Note: To edit or delete a session class, use the and icons, respectively.
Apply/Remove a Session Class
- Navigate to Schedule > Search Sessions.
- Locate the desired session, using any filters if needed.
- Edit the session using the icon.
- Under Billing & Coding, enter/delete the class code into the Session Class field and select it from the drop-down list.
- Click Save & Done.
Important: Removing a session class will not undo any effects that were applied. For example, if you had a class that was marked as Ins Not Billable, the session will remain closed even if the class is removed. You will have to manually reopen the session if needed.
You can add a default Session Class on a client's chart to make adding session classes more efficient.
Note: If you are integrated with WebPT, a default class will be applied to all session if entered onto a client's chart.
- Navigate to Clients > Client List.
- Edit the client's chart using the icon.
- Select the Defaults tab.
- In the Class field, enter the class code and select it from the drop-down list.
- Click Save & Close.